What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Someone elses' junk



Like the dress?



I bought it at a yard sale for a quarter.

Yes. 25 cents.



I bought the other three baptismal gowns they had for sale too.

I like the thought that each child will have their own special gown that I can hand over when they are grown, and the thought that maybe someday I will get to see my grandbabies in the outfits their parents wore. Wouldn't that be marvelous?

25 cents may go a very long way...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma Bibby said...

It is marvelous. I cried when my grandchildren wore mine. It is such a blessing.

Full of Grace said...

Unbelievably beautiful and unbelievable price! Just beats me how people can give away such amazing things of beauty that are used for such a memorable event..