What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So much to do!



My in-laws just left, hand in hand with Corynn and Andrew for another day together.


This is twice in the last two months.

The first two times EVER that I have gotten a day without the kids, and it was THEIR idea both times.

The first time, I wasn't all that thrilled with the notion-after all, I actually LIKE to be around my children! ;-) But then...the day passed and I realized how HELPFUL it had actually been! You know I love my children and miss them terribly when they are gone, but I will tell you one thing:

I am incredibly THANKFUL for this time.

With Miss Adele's arrival and the move this past year, Christmas was far out of my vision-until about Saturday! Christmas cards to write, birth announcements to ponder making (if at all), Christmas gifts to inventory and accumulate (we have a LARGE family so the list is comparable to the Jolliest Elf himself!), cookies to bake for a cookie exchange, shopping, preparing, yada yada yada.

I have been able to accomplish so very very much in the short amount of time I have had been free of two extra sets of hands to hold.

Not just to sing the praises of my in-laws, I must include my dear Mattie in this too. I have been able to run errands for a few hours on Saturday without the older tag-alongs occasionally.

I've never had it so easy! Which is ironic, because I've never had so many children before either! :-)

Now.

I'd best get to taking advantage of this time because my list of TO-DO's is...


L


O


N


G
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grandma Bibby said...

They are likely enjoying their time as much as you.

Abigail said...

Me, too! (So much to do...)

So WHY am I checking your blog when I still have cookies to make for Elizabeth's cookie party that's in 2 hours?!?

Bonnie said...

I hear ya on the lists. Instead of packing my kinder off though, I'm rotting their little brains in front of the elctronic babysitter. Which lasts for all of about 5 minutes. Oh well, things are very slowly getting done. Sleep is over rated anyway. Beautiful baby!