What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Marathon



Peaches.

beautiful peaches.

An Amish fellow down the road ordered 500 bushels of peaches and sold out of them within a week. The next week he bought 250 more bushels and had only 20 bushels left by the end of the day they were delivered.

I was the lucky recipient of 1 1/2 bushels sold at $14.00 per 3/4 a bushel.

I didn't know just how great a price that was (having never bought bulk peaches before) until I talked to someone who bought a bushel for $37.00 locally LAST YEAR.

And these are some real beauties.



I haven't gotten sick of eating them yet (oh and I am canning some every now and again too), especially when made into my fabulous peaches and cream pie. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to get sick of eating that!

I hadn't blogged in a while, and after yesterday spending about 14 hours straight in the kitchen, I was due to "get off my feet" and I thought it was high time for a nap-time blog marathon. Thus, plenty of posts in one day...but now naptime is over so this is where I leave it.

For today.

Hope all is well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: