What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Echinacea



 





Thanks for all the dinner comments yesterday-they were just what a girl needed for a good dose of culinary inspiration.

 We ended up having whole wheat pasta in a garlic-y, lemon alfredo sauce topped with chicken, garden broccoli, carrots, onions and a hearty handful of fresh basil. And some homemade apple sauce.

 And wouldn't you know it? Yesterdays veil of lethary lifted about 3:00pm and I ended up doing dishes, twice. sweeping floors. cleaning toilet and bathroom. putting laundry away. doing more laundry. hanging said laundry to dry and taking it back down from the line again. making supper. unpacking Sundays picnic things and swimming things. hardboiling dozens of eggs. changing the sheets on the beds. tidying my bedroom. Having the children tidy theirs. paying some bills. weeding the basil. Adding more hay around the basil. cutting the suckers off the corn. vacuuming the rugs. cleaning the living room. cleaning off the dining room table. emptying vases around the house, refilling vases with new, fresh cut flowers. sorting old eggs. sorting due library books. taking a shower and reading a bit before zonking out.

So see?  I DO things.

Today I was smart and this morning I put a roast in the crockpot for shredded beef sandwiches tonight.  Which is good, because I really don't feel like doing very much today...

 (but you know I will.)

;-)

9 comments:

Terri said...

LOL!!! You sound so much like me. There are days when I feel so lethargic and wiped out and then all of the sudden I'll get a spurt of energy and inspiration and fit a day's work into a few hours! You had a good productive day after all and your dinner sounds scrumptious!

MameyJane said...

Girl, I've had some the same case of lethargy. Two naps a day, fold a load of laundry and I'm wiped out. But then I AM 12 weeks preggo....ahem...??

Unknown said...

Um....I'm just dying here with the gorgeousness of those photos, woman! ACK. STAB. CHOKE. FALL OVER. ;)

MacrolensforAmy, where art thou? :)


You have such an eye for beauty!

Unknown said...

Stunningly beautiful capture of creation!
I miss my camera *sniff* It's @ Nikon for service for whats feeling like forever.

Glad you all didn't go hungry- I always fall back on brinner on those nights and some people wish they did go hungry. (I happen to like brinner myself so I don't mind, but your dinner sounds so much better and healthy to boot. Way to rally though! Did you make a list of it all later just so you can cross it all off?

Marlene Bibby said...

And how old is Judah? You have me wondering.......

Bonnie said...

Boy when you get moving, you *move*! My second wind
has been coming late evening, which is kind of a pain, because the work I need to get to is in the children's rooms, and they are in bed by that point.
Seriously ready for this baby to be born.
Dinner sounds delightful. But pretty much anything that I don't have to cook sounds good.
Dragging myself out to the clothes-line now.... and dreaming of a nap. (even after falling asleep reading my Bible this morning)

Michelle said...

We really must get together sometime...you inspire me and I would love to hear more about your homeschooling journey. Shoot me an e-mail with your phone number if you want. michelle.woods@live.com Hopefully, we can plan something soon!:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You even got his curly tongue...beautiful! Egg question for you...how long will fresh eggs keep under refrigeration? I have a dozen that were pushed to the back of the fridge that I forgot about.

Have a blessed day :)
Janet

Rebecca said...

Quinn~ you know it!

Mamey and Marlene- Judah will be two in Sept. so really, any time is kinda my "normal" but I can assure you that I have no such good excuse. Sheer laziness, I think.

Janet~ they keep for months when refrigerated if they are fresh. Grocery store eggs I am not sure about but you could always do the 'float' test. If they float in water---toss 'em.