What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Doings

  • Made breakfast (dippy eggs and whole wheat toast)
  • Gave chickens water.  Gathered eggs.  (Children did other animal chores)
  • Pulled last of onions out into the sunshine to cure
  • It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I wanted to get laundry done today: did FOUR loads of laundry, hung them on line to dry.  (All caught up!)
  • cleaned toilet (it needed it!)
  • had children clean their rooms
  • baked Oatmeal Raisin Lassies (the second half of a double batch made last week-so only cookie sheets for dishes!)
  • harvested Calendula, Chamomile, and Lavender.  Set to dry.
  • did dishes from breakfast (and yesterday.)
  • made lunch (peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  Tuna for me.)
  • blogged here and a few new recipes here
  • after the children were done cleaning their rooms, I went in and deep cleaned (because you know their idea of clean is not MY idea of clean) GIRLS room (swept under beds, dusted, purged a few things etc.)  BOYS room will be tomorrow.
  • emptied garbage in kitchen
  • went uptown:  Went to Aldi, Bank, Walmart and Library.
  • came home: put groceries away.
  • Took laundry off the line and put onions under cover.
  • Made dinner (Salad bowls topped with chicken pieces and fries (sans fries for me) with pickled eggs on the side.)
  • harvested more tomatoes from the garden
  • Did dinner dishes.
  •  plucked millions of teeny cilantro leaves from lovely, long stalks of a hugely generous bunch of cilantro a friend gave me.  Prepared them for freezing.
  • Swept kitchen and living room wood floors.
  • Sat down to read a book for herb reference and then got up 20 minutes later...books do that to me.
  • Vacuumed living room rugs.
  • Folded four loads of laundry while watching part of The Help (good movie!)
 Heading to bed now... g'night.

    5 comments:

    Tracy said...

    If you liked the movie, you should read the book; it's even better.

    Bonnie said...

    And I thought I was busy yesterday : )
    Impressed, thoroughly

    Rebecca said...

    I am one who does like what you post about our 'doings', motivates me to keep up. You're like a trainer for so many of us!

    Ruth said...

    My oh my you do a lot in one day! But I guess you don't have a four week old baby like I do. Makes all the difference, right?;)

    And yes, I enjoy seeing what other people accomplish in a day. Even if it is more than I ever do :)

    LFlores said...

    compared to you, I'm a couch potato! XD

    *Says I while eating fritos...*