I have finally ordered the school books for the year (the latest I have EVER ordered them!)-and thanks to FREE 2-DAY shipping- we'll get them this week. My back-to-school plan, given our more-agrarian lifestyle, is to start full throttle into school on October 1st, but begin easing into it next week. (We will have fewer days off through the school year-and possibly work longer-to make up for the later start.) What this means to me is that I have exactly ONE week to get as much accomplished as I can before my days are filled with teaching. There is SO much to be done.... in the garden, in the house, in the Granary, in our pantry.
In addition to the many daily to-do's I have, here are just a few things I'd like to accomplish before school officially begins:
- deep clean childrens' rooms
- finish up the school room. The map wall is up (I love it!), the intact walls are painted (pretty!), the shelves are orderly and purged of all excess, and the brand-spankin' new Playdoh is awaiting opening. But there is one wall that was too damaged to paint or cover in maps-so we still have to fix that one.
- canning up another batch of spaghetti/pizza sauce, beets and carrots. Dehydrating green peppers and some minced onions.
- replanting the perennials a neighbor shared with me yesterday
- taking inventory of cold-weather clothes for the children and get up into the Granary to retrieve anything we have.
- Finish organizing/tidying the Granary for the winter (a project I started last summer and then forgot about)
Not sure if I will or not, but I am sorely tempted! For now~ I have work to do.