What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

RRecent Happenings, Ramblings, and Recipes

Last night I meant to post-but by the time 7:30 rolled around I was feeling ill and decided to head to bed for some rest. I didn't go to sleep (although it wasn't long before I did) but just laid there-wishing myself to feel better. I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning and organizing, unloading the car-repacking craft stuff, mopping, sweeping, dusting, and doing all the things I have been WANTING to do for two or three weeks now. Deep cleaning. I even washed the cupboards, wall, and furniture in my kitchen with bleach! And while I don't usually 'enjoy' cleaning-I did yesterday. Perhaps it was because I had been feeling guilty about it for so long-or perhaps it was just a welcome reprieve from doing 'crafts'. The most remarkable difference, as always, is the mudroom. It is the first place to get junked up and the last place for me to worry about. It is now organized, orderly, and hopefully WILL be for a while. I took quite a bit down to the basement that we have filled to brimming....oops.
I still have much to do-like take care of 'hot spots', do more laundry, and move some dining room furniture around-but it will get done today. No pressure. I always feel so bad for women who have full time jobs. There are many disadvantages to speak of-but one that may sound silly is that it is impossible to keep up with the house (keeping it clean NOT just tidy) just on weekends or evenings. After a long day of work-who would want to clean after making supper and trying to spend a smidgen of time with your husband and kids. I certainly don't envy that lifestyle..and truly do pity it. My heart goes out to women who work outside of the home and I am reminded how blessed I am not to have to.
The craft show on Saturday was BORING , to put it bluntly. I made a bit of money-but only because of one particular lady who bought several more expensive items. I was very thankful for that, but bored out of my skull the rest of the time. There just didn't seem to be many people out or interested to buy. Three down....one more to go.
I spent some time on Sunday looking through some cookbooks for some interesting new additions to the Thanksgiving feast of all feasts. We are celebrating with my parents this year-much to my in-laws regret. I plan to take some sweet potatoes, a cinnamon candy salad, and a pumpkin ice cream pie. I have also been requested by my hubby-to try my hand at those delicious creme puffs on Abby's site (shotsnaps). I have posted two of the recipes here for any who might desire them.

Cinnamon Candy Salad
1 pkg. cherry gelatin
1/4 c. red cinnamon candies
1 c. chooped apples
1 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

~Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup hot water. (Stir candies into 1/2 cup boiling water until dissolved then add cold water to equal 1 cup liquid.) Stir liquid into gelatin; chill until partially set. Add apples, celery and walnuts. Pour into mold and chill until firm.

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie

1 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt, ginger and nutmeg
1 qt. vanilla ice cream (softened)
1 baked pie shell

~Mix first 5 ingredients; add to vanilla ice cream. Pour into pie shell and freeze. Top with whipped cream mixed with cinnamon.

Now-I haven't ever made these things before so I won't vouch for them, but they did sound good to me.

Today I must go and pick up the OTHER crafts I had placed in a home show over the weekend. And then it is off to the doctor's for my 20 week appointment and ULTRASOUND! Yippee! Not only am I half way through, but we get to see little peanut again! He or she moves around all day long-I fear this one may not sleep at all! I wonder if I might have a boy this time around. Or course-don't put any stock in my opinions because I had a feeling Corynn was going to be a boy! We have named picked out-but as always, we are 'mom's the word'-ing it until the big announcement when the baby is born. We won't be finding out the gender until the doctor announces it-so it makes for TWO surprises in one! Tonight I will post some recent pictures of my loves...mi familia.

Today they are calling for snow...and I hope it comes. Though-not so much that it is dangerous to travel...we have the ultrasound appointment, I have to pick up my crafts, and I have to go grocery shopping-we will be driving a LOT today. All on top of dropping off and picking up Corynn at Elizabeths' and Bobs'. She was kind enough to take care of Corynn while we had a two hour appointment today-naturally, right in the middle of nap time.

Hope every one is well! Have a good day!

No comments: