What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Staying home today-and enjoying it.

Hello All. Time for a Tuesday debriefing. :-)

Besides the whole right side of my lower jaw hurting terribly because of an incoming wisdom tooth, my day has been very good. I just finished making two boxes of newborn-3/6 month clothes; one for a boy and the other for a girl. It was fun looking at all the clothes, but at the same time-disappointing. Much of my clothes-especially for a boy, are not only second hand (which isn’t a bad thing-most of what I have is second hand) but LOOK second hand…many having lots of stains, fading and such. Many were given to me because I had NOTHING, or were swiftly put in the shopping cart because they were 15cents at Salvation Army or something and once again…beggars can’t be choosers.
They will certainly come in handy, but I look forward to replacing them with NICE things as yard sale season and ‘end of the season’ clearance sales roll around. Besides…I may not even need to use them. If I have a girl, I am free and clear! I guess I just get nervous about having a pauper boy since my sister has a little boy who looks ready for a magazine cover every time I see him. :-) No pressure there! hehehe

My next project for the afternoon is to move furniture around in the living room to make room for our Christmas tree. We will be putting it up this weekend, hopefully, along with our other decorations. This week, the weather is so warm, it is ideal to put the outdoor lights up soon. Today was high of 66! That is just NOT normal! I am very anxious for Christmas decorations to go up, sweet smelling candles to burn, and for it to SNOW!

Yesterday was a shopping day for Corynn and I. Man-was it exhausting! We went to five stores and got 4 Christmas gifts done, one baby shower gift done, a few stocking stuffers, and groceries (not nearly enough if you ask me!) We didn’t get home until 4:30 and Corynn missed her nap all together. She fell asleep in the car on the way home, but everyone who is a parent knows sometimes a short nap is worse than NO nap. She was a basket case!
I have so much more shopping to do, too! I am already getting overwhelmed. Sometime this week I will go (with my sister, maybe) to get some more done-especially for Matt and Corynn…hopefully I can get a lot accomplished by then. It is a hard (but very important) thing to find the balance of finding gifts (or gift ideas to make) that people will enjoy without going overboard and spending lots of money you don’t have. I am also racking my brains for ideas for Corynn to make the grandparents’ this year. The first year I made an ornaments by embossing her foot print in gold, attaching it to a clear, flat ornament and decorating around it. (She was only 4 months old at that point!) Then last year she ‘helped me’ make cookies and candy tins. On the tins I put a picture magnet of her while she was licking the beater along with a short poem. Any ideas for this year would be very appreciated. I MAY do gingerbread garlands since I have lots of gingerbread ornaments left (and she cut them all…)

Well, if I want to get the furniture moved and everything cleaned along with it, I had better hop to it. I will leave you with a few photos from Thanksgiving at my mom’s house…

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

I may have a son that might look like a magazine cover, but you have a daughter who is always stylish, dressed to a tee every time I see her. Even when she is "dressed down" she is absolutely adorable, so have no worries, your little peanut will be well-loved and well-dressed! :)