What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, November 07, 2005

Took a break....

It was that last post of mine...and the stream of comments flowing in-that tired me out enough that I needed a reprieve! :-)

No...Actually, I didn't post at all this week-in fact, I didn't even turn the computer ON this week because I have been spending all of my free time working on my craft stuff. I was able to complete some painting, 12 floral ornaments, seven floral arrangements in the form or wreaths and swags, I cut and sewed 6 more buntings, and blanket stitched four of them. It was a very productive week and I am happy with the results. I am especially proud of the dried florals and ornaments because I used all materials I dried myself-roses, mini roses, rose petals, hydrangea, greenery, herbs, and all sorts of other flowers and wildlife I could get my hands on. (So-Abby, my shutter drying rack is now pretty much empty...) I hope to have a cutting and herb garden when we get our abundant acreage of our dreams...so I can dry much of it for florals and enjoy the rest myself. It is so neat to make something so wonderful by yourself...and much cheaper-dried florals are EXPENSIVE!

I have a lot more work ahead of me as this is the last week of the countdown. The beginning of next week I can devote to pricing and doing inventory-then, I have to pack up and move out! :-)

I picked up my craft stuff from Iron Kettle Farm this week and got paid...I made over $100.00 with them-but had to pay them their due too-which gave me $78.60 to put in my 'business' account. I was pleased with the outcome-and plan to do it next year, perhaps with my buntings...maybe boosting my profit even more. It couldn't be more family-friendly. Drop it off, forget about it, then get paid. Wow. What a deal!

Matt has agreed to extend the internet until December, so I can try my hand at selling these buntings on ebay. I hope to not only 'reimburse' us for the cost of internet, but to make a bit of profit too. I will start THAT project after my first two shows-which will be November 19th.

I probably won't post often until that date is done and over with...just because there seems to not be enough time in the day these days. AS for crafts-here is a question for you...I hope someone might be able to help. I am looking for a recipe for the hard kind of gingerbread that you can make into ornaments-and seal with something to make them last. I have an evergreen tree wall hanging that I got at a yard sale this year, and I wanted to decorate it with some gingerbread ornaments, cookie cutters, ribbon, cinnamon, and some dried florals-but I don't have a clue as to the gingerbread. I remember doing it in school-but those days are far from me these days. :-)

In other news...I have felt "Peanut' move around for 2 1/2 weeks now. At first it was sporatic....several days would pass before I would feel it again, but now I feel the baby move every day. What a joy it is. You always forget how wonderful it is until it happens again. Oh-and even more special was that this Friday, Matt felt the baby move. I was fast asleep when he woke me up and told me that he had felt him/her. He was so excited-and I was so asleep that I didn't rejoice with him more than a "wow-that's great...Snore..." It is very exciting. Yippee.

That is about it. I have to run-hop into my warm bed and start stitching! Have a great night! (I promise to check up on everyone elses' blogs as soon as I can!) :-)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey you! As soon as this weekend is over...I will write you. I PROMISE! :-)

Michelle said...

Hi Rebecca! Here is a recipe for those ornaments. It isn't really gingerbread! My mom and I have made them a few times. They smell so nice. :)

Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments

1/2 c. cinnamon
1/2 c. store-bought applesauce

Stir together until dough is stiff. Place on waxed paper. Place second sheet of waxed paper on top and roll out to 1/8" thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes. Air dry on waxed paper covered cookie sheet or cooling rack 24hrs. or until completely hard.

I would think you could use shellac to coat them and preserve them with.

Have fun!

P.S. Isn't feeling the baby so exciting? It never gets boring, no matter how many kids you have. :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks Michelle... I ended up finding a recipe online-which was much more complicated but made 30 cookies or so! I had so many that I finished the tree and now plan to make garland with them too. Your recipe sounds much easier...that's for sure! I will definitely try it next time.

Yes-there is nothing like feeling the baby move...my next very fun milestone is SEEING it move in my stomach-that is REALLY something special and has me preoccupied for a long time.....hopefully, soon! :-)