What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Warming the Insides on a blustery day....

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving this past week! Ours was good, if not busy. We had a great time visiting with my bro. and sis-in-law as they came down for two days. We even went bowling on Friday night-which Matt and I haven't done in....years! I took lots of pictures which I plan to get developed on Monday and I will post a few here at that point. But before I did that, I wanted to post these pictures I took last night. We came home from our Thanksgiving weekend to a drive through inches of snow. It was blustery and cold-a real winter day. So, when we got home, we made grilled cheese and tomato soup and we all had hot cocoa. Then it was naps for two little mice in the house-but the mother mouse had laundry, dishes, and other not so glorious tasks at hand. I was able to sit down for a while and write in Peanuts' journal-something I have not been doing enough of.

Today, after church, we will head out to Grandma and Grandpa Newmans' house, since they didn't get to see us for Thanksgiving. And at that time, we will also pick up Corynn's sled. It looks like we will be needing it now! :-)




Yesterday was a cold and snowy day here-the perfect time to introduce Corynn to Hot Cocoa. She has seen us drink it before, but this is the first time Mama ever made some for HER. She felt very proud. It really made her day! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice day! Love the pictures! Hope you have a great day today too! ~Jen

Anonymous said...

Well I just noticed I spelled my name wrong in the last comment...LOL...it's Jennifer!

Paula said...

WOW! Just checked in to see if you were still around and THERE YOU ARE! So happy to see things are going well for you (and little baby too! I get my sono in two weeks). Email me when you get the chance! SOOOooooo much to catch up on! =^) Paula