What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 27, 2006


The babies arrived a few days ago! I *think* this is a gray catbird-and if it is I am especially impressed since they tend to be 'shy birds' and are usually never seen upclose... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Els said...

Hi Rebecca, it's NOT a catbird!
I've already packed your and mine american bird guide, but still have Sibleys on the bookshelf. If I have time, i'll try to find the correct name before we come....
Catbird is real grey all over, with a black cap (at least the male, and if this is a female, I still doubt it to be a catbird)

Els said...

Hi Rebecca,
from Washington DC (it's sure summer here!!) I can tell you that it is certainly not a catbird, not even a female.
I think it's a vireo, either a red-eyed vireo or a warbling vireo. If it sings like a robin, all day long, than it's the first. Will bring book soon....
Today we went to the museum of the native americans, was great! And to the national botanic garden. Poor Falko, at a conference....