What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, August 18, 2006


Here is the reason many of our books are still in boxes. I decided to use our last remaining bookcase for homeschool supplies instead of books. The top shelf holds workbooks and used curriculum I have been collecting at every opportunity I have had. The second is paper-some yellow printer paper, preschool lined paper and construction. The third shelf she can reach. It has a tub full of 'supervised' craft supplies like scissors, glue and paint (so far she hasn't been able to open it herself...) It also has coloring books, paint with water books, and playdough. She gets these things off as she pleases. The next shelf has containers for markers and crayons, writing tablets, a folder with stickers, and 'educational' books she likes to look through. Finally, the last shelf has puzzles and games for her to play. On TOP of the bookcase there is a microscope, telescope and home planetarium-all recently purchased at yard sales! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Millie's been dying for a "telescoop." I'm not going to let her know T'rinn has one, or she'd burn with even greater desire! I've only been to one yard sale all summer, and it was right across the road from us. There were probably a million telescoops I missed out on. (Stupid, stupid me.)

Leah said...

Your new school room looks great! I was just telling Abby on Friday night that I think I'm going to have to trun my hallway into a school room. It's really the only place I can hang things for the children without the whole house looking like a school. You're truly blessed to have so much space!

Rebecca said...

Actually, there have been a TON of that kind of stuff just at the few sales I have seen. I have contemplated buying a microscope probably six times but walked away. Finally, I got it!

Leah-thanks so much! It is fun isn't it? Planning and hanging schoolish stuff up? I like it anyway. :-)