What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, August 18, 2006

Movin' and shakin'

Well now, today's girlie luncheon was a success. I so enjoy having company and it helps when the company is a joy to be around. It is also fun to establish or strengthen NEW relationships. I wanted to take a picture of the table, but, AS ALWAYS, the ladies arrived before I could snap a shot. Ah well. Following are a few 'after' pictures, that is all I could manage. I think everyone had a good time, but one girl in particular was very quiet the whole time. Content to listen. I have a hard time knowing for sure HOW someone can have a good time without being directly involved in conversation but really, I know it is just personality. I HOPE she had a good time. I gave the college girls each pedicure sets, which I think they enjoyed. And before they left they asked to see our wedding album. While they perused my scrapbook, I went on a trip down memory lane.

Yesterday, the day BEFORE my company, silly me decided to change the basement around. When I should have been doing OTHER things-like cleaning the upstairs, I decide to tackle something as completely UNNECESSARY as changing and moving Corynn's school area. Before it was at the base of the basement stairs and squished into one section. NOW-it is on the OTHER side of the basement, hidden from the view of the front door, and all of her school stuff and downstairs toys are in ONE side of the basement, rather than throughout. I like it much more. I only thought to take a 'before' picture AFTER I had already started working on it-as you will see.

I just recently took a few garden pictures but I have been going nuts on the pictures recently. I will post them once you all catch your breath! :-) I will also be posting some recipes pretty soon for you all too. When I have more time...Now-I have ham and cabbage in the crockpot that needs to be eaten and a baby who would be happy just with milk. SOoooooooo...duty calls!

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Hey Rebecca,
I know this is late, in comparison to the other posts about your blog, BUT since we've been having computer problems, I haven't been able to even view your blog, let alone post a comment. In any case, I wanted you to know how beautiful your blog is, and it truely does reflect your personality so much more!!! :)

And, I love looking at the photos of you and your family, and hearing about the daily goings-on. I miss you so much!!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for posting a comment, Elizabeth. It was nice to read something from you. And thanks for the compliment, although I can't take credit for it! :-)