What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

TA-DA!!!!!

After corresponding and tweaking for over a week, my blog makeover is done! Isn’t it FABULOUS!?!?! Kris has exceeded my expectations in every way. This blog is like nothing she has done before, working with Blogger and more antique-y stylings but even still, she mastered it. She is truly gifted, as is OBVIOUS by the extreme contrast in old versus new. She has made my blog portray “me”-my style, interests, and loves-in the layout of the page. I hope it will be easier for all of you to navigate also, as now you can locate certain past posts at the click of a mouse. Recipes, craft ideas, book reviews and other fun stuff don’t have to be searched in Archives anymore! Thank you so much Kris-for your hard work, determination, and KINDNESS-offering this gift to me for no other reason than your kind spirit! This blog is GORGEOUS and just looking at it makes me HAPPY! Thank You Kris!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera

I have been waiting to post again until my blog re-do was finished. So-now is the time to play catch up! It has been a whirlwind since we came back home from a lovely weekend in NY. My mom and I spent SIX HOURS yard-saling on Saturday. (Just goes to show you what happens to a girl suffering from YARD SALE withdrawal!) I am happy to report though, that BECAUSE of those six-hours, we drove back with a carload of treasures. Mostly clothes for winter. EVERYONE got some things, which were greatly needed. In fact, I just need a few dresses for Corynn and we will be set. I am hoping to sew a few jumpers for her by fall. The biggest treasure, though, we had to leave behind until my parents can bring it to us. It is a child-sized wooden hutch. Very sturdy and quaint-but VERY badly maintained. It had been written all over with markers and crayons (which brings me to the soapbox-WHY don’t people teach there kids to respect things?!?!?), the contact paper had been torn to shreds and it was home to a spider village. When I get it out here, the contact paper will be taken off entirely, Matt will add a new piece of wood to the front of the drawer (the corner had been broken off) and then a fresh coat of paint will make it BEAUTIFUL! It has so much potential-the drawer even has been sectioned off for silverware! I can’t wait to show you! I got it for $3.00!!! It will make a PERFECT addition to the playhouse Papa will make (someday) for our children. Grand plans!

I just finished making some zucchini relish. I started the process by food processing all the vegetables (with the food processor I just got at a rummage sale for $3.00, mind you) last night at about 9:00pm, much to Matt’s overwhelming joy. It seems like I am more motivated in the evening hours than in the day. I don’t know why the change but I haven’t been able to fall asleep until after midnight for DAYS now. I filled 5 pints, 3 half-pints, and one jelly jar (I don’t know what that size is called.) I have enough zucchini to do another batch-I just need to get some more red pepper. FUN!

Friday I am hosting a luncheon for a few ladies and their college-bound daughters. On the menu: Chicken Spiedie Salad, homemade breadsticks, soup (I am thinking something like a zuppa toscano reproduction) and with some cookies (or SOMETHING) for dessert. For refreshments homemade minted tea and water with lemon. It should be fun-and it will right about naptime-so Corynn can visit for a while, and then both children will rest while us ladies do what ladies do best: ‘girl talk’.

I recently got some used curriculum in the mail that I had bought off of a friend. Corynn looks through it daily and each day brings the inevitable question; “Will you teach me to read TODAY?!?!” (since I told her that was what the books were for.) It is so cute. I am going to be planning in the next few weeks to make some schooling scheduling. She is only three (well, not quite…) but homeschooling takes discipline. Discipline that I lack right now. If I set aside 30 minutes a day for ‘schooling’ not only will I be preparing myself for such a routine-but Corynn as well. Real, bonafide schooling will be a few years away but-we might as well start practicing!  Besides, that girl wants to READ! 

Well-that is all the grand stuff that is happening right now. I have lots of other goals for this week, but knowing they may not get done, I won’t bother writing them down. If I DO get them done, I will let you know! ;-) BTW-I will be sorting through my archived posts to organize them in their proper categories for easy finding but that is a BIG project that will have to be done on a bit by bit basis. Be patient with me, please!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous Rebecca! It fits your personality so well! Give love to your kiddos from my kiddos!

Wendy said...

A very nice new blog that suits you well! I like the look of that relish...mmmm. Cory came in and saw the picture over my shoulder and started drooling..."whats that?" he says...so four thumbs up.

Michelle said...

Nice change for your blog, Rebecca! It looks very "homey" now. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new look to your blog. Yes, Kris certainly does good work.

Can't wait to see a pic of the little hutch. My dh does furniture repair and restoration and you'd be surprised at what some of the pieces of furniture come in looking like. (Well, after seeing the way your hutch looked, you proabably wouldn't be surprised. ;-) ) But it's nice that you can see the real beauty in a piece of furniture under all the paint and markings.

~~Anne

Leah said...

I haven't been on anyone's blog in a long time. Between a week of sick kiddos, a family reunion, and canning I've been very busy! Your blog looks beautiful and I can't wait to catch up on all the posts I missed!

Carmichael Family said...

Wow, you have a lot of stuff going on...your luncheon with the ladies and college girls sounds so fun...wish I could come...oh wait, I already finished college and I'm not sending my girls off to college either so I guess I don't qualify. But your menu sounds delicious!
I am going to have to try "yard saling" sometime because your always find the best stuff! It sounds like fun too. :)
And I love, love, love! your new blog design! It seems SO perfect for you, and I just love it!

Rebecca said...

Thanks everyone! I am so excited! Now to just organize my posts for easy access and then it will be even MORE wonderful!

Abigail said...

you may not read this, but....

three cheers for Kris!

this new wrapping is great.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everyone is enjoying Rebecca's new look ... I love it, too! Even though she and I have only conversed by email and blog (LOL!), I do know that she is a person that I call "friend" and I hope to know her for a very long time!

Love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

I love the new blog too. I have known Rebecca since she was a wee baby! It fits her. But I sure do miss hearing what is happening in the lives of the family. Hope you blog again soon, Rebecca.