What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Making a Day of It


Last week Friday, Matt got the notion in his head that we ought to go to a Brewery. Anyone who knows Matt, knows he likes beer. He likes to make it, he likes to drink it, he likes to talk about it. So, I shouldn't have been surprised we would do something like this SOMEDAY. I was surprised by how excited it made him at the thought.

All week he talked about it, and always with a twinkle in his eye and a smile playing about on his lips.

Saturday morning came~and we were off.

I played photojournalist for the day while he sipped and sampled free beer. We were both in our element.

Here are a few artsy shots I liked. But if you like to make beer, drink beer, or talk about beer...or just would be interested in learning more about it, go to Matt's blog where that is THE subject going on. While you're at it, give him a shout out!



Posted by Picasa


8 comments:

Andie said...

Great pictures...looks like you all had a great time!
When we lived in St. Louis, we went and toured the Budweiser brewery, lots of fun, and free samples (Warren got mine!). We now live about 4 hours from Denver and would love to go visit the Coors brewery someday. Warren also brewed beer at one point, but hasn't done it for years. Such fun, I always helped in the bottling step, adding the sugar, etc.
I'm glad you had such a good time...
Andie

Kelli said...

What a fun outing, Phillip feels the same way about beer. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for several months now...didn't realize you lived in my area. My husband loves Troeg's. We live about 15 min. away and have taken the tour several times. Your pictures are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of microbreweries in our area,but we have never gone to any of them. Your pics are great and you make it sound like fun!

Rebecca said...

Glad to know there are women on here that understand that men can enjoy beer without sloshing about as drunkards. Never know how people might react to posts on BEER. ;-) Glad we aren't alone...

Hearts812: We don't actually live in Harrisburg, we just went visiting. I think we will go back again-it must be great FUN living there-seems like there is a TREMENDOUS amount of stuff to DO!

Andie said...

Rebecca, Thank you for being supportive of me going back to teaching. You never know what other moms will do. It's so sad that some moms feel that in order to defend their choices, that other mothers choices must be wrong. The reasons Bethany won't be in my class are many. I love her so very much, but it would not be fair to her or the other children to be in my class. I would be harder on her than the other kids, or softer...either way wouldn't be fair. When I taught before I became a mother, I often had teacher aids whose children were in the class, and I saw firsthand how having your own children in a class of many is not a good idea. Teaching your children on your own, homeschooling like you do, is wonderful, but adding other children to the mix just doesn't seem to work in my experience. I will still get to see her often, the classes are right next door and we will do recess/gym time together.
Blessings to you my friend-Andie

Mom2fur said...

I scrolled down to enjoy all your photos. You are quite a photographer! That picture of your daughter at the bus stop is just too funny and sweet.
Looks like you all had a great time!

Abigail said...

We went to a brewery in Cooperstown several years ago with Scott and Leah. I'll have to show John this post; he'd really appreciate it!

It might make him head your way, though. Be warned. :)