What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Little Miss Corynn, the timeline



When I was One,
I had just begun.



When I was Two,
I was nearly new.



When I was Three,
I was hardly Me.



When I was Four,
I was not much more.



When I was Five,
I was just alive.



But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.



~from Now We Are Six, A.A.Milne

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love it! (said in a singsong voice) Not babies growing up, oh no, that is difficult. But the joy and rapture of the birthday fun, and the BEAUTIFUL birthday dress. I know you modified, but what pattern is that?
I must know.

Charree said...

Happy Birthday Corynn!!! Rebecca, you did a great job on the cake. I sounds like Corynn is creative just like her momma.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Nanci said...

Ohhhhhh! Everything is fantastic -- the dresses, the flower band, the cake, the pictures. You never cease to amaze me!!!!

Wendy said...

You have captured it so well...I feel like I was there in all the excitement...LOVE all the pics! Also the beautiful ladies pictures too! Fabulous work Rebecca!

Unknown said...

Adorable...my little miss turned 6 this summer also...it IS bittersweet! :)

Jerelene said...

What a beautiful baby...and what a beautiful little girl...she's gorgeous and yes...they grow up so quick :)
Lovely post Rebecca...
Hugs.......Jerelene

Simply Vintagegirl said...

She has grown up so quickly into such a sweet-looking young lady!

Have you seen what our project was? ;)

Love,
Emily Rose

Marlene Bibby said...

I love the leaf shot. It is so cute. What a nice way to display her years. Happy Belated Birthday, Corynn.

Marlene Bibby said...

By the way, it looks like she loves her dress!!