What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Measuring Up: Feb in Review


A fast glance at February and my progress (and failings) with my 2012 resolutions because, though it has snowed more in the last 24 hours than it has all winter, Matt and I are going to go on a DATE in a few hours to an early movie (much cheaper than the night movies!) and then (I hope!) dinner.

And I have a living room full of chopsaw dust to clean up before then. (A happy, happy house project!)

~~~~~~~~

It was a disappointing month for my goals.

February is always hard for me (I am not a winter person) and with Matt being gone from home so often and me in sole charge of all responsibilities around here, I wasn't in the most productive (read: sane) frame of mind.

Nevertheless, here are the stats:

House Projects of the Month: there were several!

~ I pruned the apple trees (Matt helped)
~ I lined the kitchen shelving with lace (I said ANY project, no matter how small, remember!)
~Began the stairway bookcase (Matt)
~Hung molding in kitchen (Matt)
~ and TODAY, the bathroom floor is getting replaced by Matt, hence the aforementioned wood dust.

Family Read Aloud:
  • David and the Pheonix (the older children enjoyed it but not the ending. They hated the ending.)

Letterwriting:

Three letters. One to Opa. (I was too depressed and/or strung out to write anything productive, so I didn't write anything. At all.) Pathetic, I know.

Christmas Gift Made:

I made several things this month but are giving them away before Christmas. Two crocheted baby hats. Three dishclothes for a housewarming gift. An embroidered floursack as a just-because gift.

And to set aside for Christmas- a pair of homemade (and edge-crocheted) pillowcases. I will show pictures of these things as I have time.

Exercised: The goal is three times a week and I barely squeaked by with just 12 days of exercise.

Drank 60 oz water daily: yes.

AND this month I completely stopped drinking soda. Not a drop in February. I wasn't an insane soda drinker-usually a couple times a week-but I hated that I loved drinking it so much. So this is big. Bears repeating if I do say so myself.

I DIDN'T DRINK A DROP OF SODA IN ALL OF FEBRUARY
!!!

wahoo!

Added to Savings Account: yes
Added to Car fund: yes
Added to Principal of house: made a double payment.

Devotions: I forgot to keep track of this. I know I did okay but I know I could do better. Of course, we have daily devotions with the family at dinner and always at lunch...I am talking about personal, me-myself-and-I reading.

Memorization: nilch.

And that is about it: as you can see, I am hoping for a more productive March.

Happy Leap Day!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh I'd say you did pretty well! So, having stopped drinking soda, do you see a drop in A. your waist and B. from your groceries? I almost never buy it (save ginger-ale for sickness), but having awful headaches, I have tried both Coke and Pepsi for a sugar/caffeine remedy. Zilch.

Anyway, you exercised 11 more days than I did, and your kitchen shelves are prettier than mine.
Its 2 and lunch dishes are still on the table. From 2 and a half hours ago- but the bathrooms are clean- so I must go. HAve fun at the movie! (haven't been to one in over 8 years) What are you seeing? Wear something smashing ; )
Bon

Victorianlady8 said...

You did Great and considering the times that Matt is gone and you have all survived....I would say you did SPLENDID!!! Keep up the great Job Mommy....You will not regret it! In time you will reap the benefits and you will PRAISE God that you did persevere!!! love and hugs!!!

lydia.purple said...

I think it is no coincidence that February is the shortest month of the year considering how many people struggle with this month.

I think you did great. And about the no soda - it's all habit. I -as all Germans- used to drink soda water all the time and lemonades and all other bubbly stuff. When I moved to Israel where you don't drink/find soda water and you really dehydrate quickly if you don't drink water I so got used to it, that now I can't take the soda stuff anymore, it upsets my stomach. And I love water, it's my favorite drink now, all the artificial sweet drinks I can't take it. I do enjoy real fruit juice ever now and then, but not in huge amounts. I think my taste got naturalized!

Four Girls said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile - and all I can say is - you're amazing. <3
~Liv

Rebecca said...

Bonnie~ I was shocked that it really DIDN'T make a difference in my weight. REALLY shocked actually! And as for the money-I didn't indulge in the grocery day sodas (which are grossly overpriced) and other than that I would only buy a 2 liter every now and again so I did save money, just nothing extraordinary.

oh well. I can say I DID it though-which IS something.