Unfortunately, I don't really get him all to MYSELF, since after all he is a country boy and it is syrup season. And, of course, we live in a house that has a constant list of fixer-upper projects that get added as often as things get crossed off. Maybe more.
In fact, Matt made a list of all the things he would like to accomplish this week and I am thinking it will be a miracle if I see him at all. I am praying (!!!) that I can get squeezed in here and there or I may very well deflate entirely.
But I won't think about that right now.
Instead, it is these things that are on my mind: the gifts of this week.
831. Seven days straight of falling asleep curled into his body
832. Seven days straight of waking up under the same covers
833. Seven days straight of meals, eaten together.
834. A bookcase that is being built. For the books which I have stepped around for the three months since we moved.
835. Tag-along children
836. ConnectFour tournaments at breakfast.
837. the anticipation of a no cutting-up food, no interruptions, honest-to-goodness just-the-two-of-us date? I hope, I hope.
838. a morning off from dishes
839. a new supply of maple syrup, at long last!
840. Him. Just being near.
What a lucky duck am I.
(pictures from his birthday. #35 and, as always a peanut butter frosted cake. This one took exactly 6 minutes to decorate, all the time I had- don't ask.)