What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Beauty 5:52

Okay. So I am having a really hard time feeling inspired with the camera lately. (This happens every winter.)

Originally I was going to make my photo challenge for the year a self-portrait challenge (one self-portrait a week).  Having a specific subject seemed like an easy challenge (you know how when you have TOO many options, it makes things harder?) but quickly tossed that idea to the wind because, frankly, I didn't want to see myself that much.

Then I changed it to a BEAUTY challenge, hoping that I would be inspired to look through the camera more strategically than my recent pointing and shooting. But that isn't seeming to be working for me either. So I thought today, if I am not feeling inspired, why not resort to a photo about my week?

When you lack inspiration, you can always do "real".   (I hope anyway.)

Here is as real as it gets, people.


My weekend, in a nutshell.

I'll try to get some beauty thrown in here, but for now, you get real.  ;-)  Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Iloveit

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! :)

Lindsey's Photographs said...

Love it! <3 I loved your photo week challenges. It got my rear out there trying to venture out of my comfort zone. After baby #5 things sloooooowed down with taking photos. Id love a challenged to get going again!

Ruth said...

Rebecca, that is "real" AND "beautiful"! Ordinary, real life IS beautiful, in my mind ;)

Rebecca said...

Lindsey's photographs- you are more than welcome to join me! I *plan* on posting mine on Sundays. You see how successful I have been at THAT though! Let me know if you do it- I'd love to pop over!

Ruth- you are, of course, entirely right, you know. :-)