What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Natal Days




Mom singing to Adele' and Adele' soaking up her attention.

           My Dad grew another year wiser a few weeks back and I had their family over for supper.  I have been trying to get copies of old photos from both sides of the family in order to create a "Heritage Album" and also to get some old pictures up on the wall, so I just happened to have a few photos from when my dad was a little guy~ this little factoid worked splendidly in helping me to create the best birthday dinner table-centerpiece ever.    Wasn't he an adorable baby?  Awwww, Dad.

 Speaking of birthdays-  Matt's is on Wednesday!  His requested birthday meal:

Soup Course (now there are soup courses!):  French Onion Soup

Dinner Course:
Marinated chicken breast
Glazed fruit salad
Three bean salad
Mashed potatoes
Baguette bread

Dessert Course:  White cake with peanut butter frosting (naturally.)

Not a terribly difficult meal, nor a terribly expensive one...a perfect choice! 

As for his present:  I have never waited so long to get a present around for him and now I am waiting on pins and needles for it to come in the mail.  It should have come on Saturday, but didn't (I figured maybe the storm?).  It really should have come on Monday, but didn't (for no good reason at all) and now I am OFFICIALLY panicked

I procrastinate on a lot of different things, but never on gifts (well, unless I am making them).  I know how it feels to be forgotten on birthdays and I don't ever want the people I love to feel that way. Ever.  It is rotten.  So basically, I make a poor procrastinator for gift-giving and I fully intend NEVER to wait this long again.  My stress levels can't take it.  )  Please, mailman...come TODAY bearing gifts.  Or... A gift.  Pretty pleeeease....

4 comments:

Jerelene said...

Hi Rebecca! I would love to know what you marinate your chicken in? Matt's birthday menu sounds yummy! Today was my birthday! February is such a wonderful month for birthdays! Love your table setting..as always :) I love visiting you here...your family is so blessed to have you!

Bonnie said...

A lovely party! A Delightful menu! But. You get people (er, uh *me*) all excited by saying things like "natal".
Did the gift come?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Not being sure how to contact you, I'm leaving this here in comments... thank you for the unexpected note and pretty photo cards that arrived yesterday in the mail. Not required but definitely appreciated and enjoyed! Love Sarah in Ontario

Rebecca said...

Jerelene- HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful day! The marinade recipe I used was this one:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spiedies/Detail.aspx

Instead of spiedies, they were more like "tenders", each breast cut in halve lengthwise.

It was really good (evenifIdosaysomyself). ;-)

Bonnie- it did! JUST in the nick of time! As for natal- I saw a vintage birthday card saying "Congratulations on your natal day" and it tickled my fancy. No natal news other than that. (bah humbug)

Sarah- so glad! And it was my PLEASURE.