What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Look! Our first snowman!

Posted by Picasa


I am not one that loves the cold and so I become somewhat of a recluse in the wintertime. Yesterday is WAS cold-but the sun was shining, beckoning me outward. I knew that I should enjoy the last few days before the snow hits and I REALLY don't want to go outside! So, off we went and we had fun. Maybe I should do it more often. Of course, today Andrew has quite a cough-despite nearly covering every inch of his skin for the adventure. Crazy kid.

As for us-today is going to be a shopping excursion and if I have to be out ALL DAY LONG-I WILL bring home at least ONE present! I am awful. I know. Usually I make a ton of Christmas gifts, last year was CRAZY. Perhaps due to overkill, this year I will make SMALLISH things to go along with bought gifts-instead of huge gifts. That might be a good idea. Especially given that there are not many more days before 'the big one'. Of course, I have ALWAYS been a procrastinator...

Must be off! Duty calls...and that means SHOP TIL YOU DROP-or- spend money...


which ever comes first...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shopped until I dropped yesterday. I only have one more present to purchase! Yeah!!!!! Of course, we have to be finished by next Tuesday as we are going to Texas to see Joe and Heather. Upon our immediate return we celebrate here so that Eric, Jean, and family can go to Texas to see her side and Joe. So, I can't wait until the last minute this year. That is good. Hope you found something on your shopping excursion.

Kelli said...

Awww..what a cute snowman, I love his button nose.
:0)
Hope the shopping trip went well!
Kelli

Abigail said...

Buy them The Pony!

(We just saw it for the first time yesterday. Gee whiz. It's a beast!)

Rebecca said...

Good job Mrs. Bibby! Wow-traveling to TEXAS! That will be fun-too bad you couldn't have coordinated it with Jean and Eric too! Hey-answer me this...am I FINALLY going to see a picture of that new grandbaby girl of yours in this years Christmas letter? I HOPE SO! :-)

Abby~ Oh MAN! I plum forgot but I was planning on taking a picture of it-JUST so you could see it. But even then you can't get the full swaying head effect. Hate to say I told ya so! hehehe