What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, December 18, 2006

There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries. ~W.J. Cameron

Just a short little snippet this here 'forenoon (as Gram would say...). This weekend had lots of fun, mixed in with a bit of stress and a bit more work. With carriage rides and cookie exchanges, our weekend filled us brimful with fun so that we can start this week with avengence! The last week before Christmas! I am not stressed. I have a few batches of candy to make this week and a few more presents to wrap and then we will be set. I STILL don't know if we will be going 'home' for Christmas this weekend or next but time will tell. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

We got a new dryer two weeks ago and it has STILL yet to be delivered. I haven't done ANY laundry since because I thought-why hang some out if the dryer will come today?! Well, thinking that way for two weeks, when at the START of the two weeks there was already quite a mountain-has led to us having NO clothes. SO, hanging is what I will do-again. But I WILL be getting my delivery fee ousted off that thar bill. I am not going to pay money for something that was promised two weeks ago.

The other day I was complaining when Andrew spit up all over my only red shirt before the Christmas exchange (which as I said, is my fault because instead of hanging one load of laundry at a time I waited for the dryer...) Corynn said, "Mama. Let's take them to the washing store and then you can put it back on again." Did she REALLY have no concept that the 'trip to the washing store' was HOURS long?!?! Wow. I wish.

With the passing of the weekend, this house gets TRASHED-every time. I am not sure why but Monday's are full up of cleaning jobs so onward ho, I go.


"May sweet content with you abide to bless your home at Christmastide." -anon.

No comments: