What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whence a task is once begun, never leave it 'til it is done.


A smart saying-but one that I don't generally live by. Despite the occasional outdoor excursions, we have managed to complete a few Christmas projects, for which I am happy.

ESPECIALLY now since I have found out that Matt has this weekend off...and only has to work a HALF day on Monday! Which means, we are heading North on Friday. Alas-another year for Christmas to be a flurry-and no real 'us' time-but, maybe we can make up for it on Christmas Night.

Lots to do before then-including some serious candy and cookie making!!! And a *bit* more wrapping!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dave said...

A VERY Christmassy blog site... the best I've seen so far... and great photos! I will be back!

Rebecca said...

Well Thank you Dave. Funny you should say that though-the giddyness of Christmas has only recently hit me as the chocolate and fudge making has begun. NOW it is Christmastime! :-)

Sarah said...

Now THIS is a perfect picture! Black & white and a bit of contrast and I believe you could make it into an 8 x 10 and sell it at a craft fair!

To get the photo blocks, I downloaded Picassa2 (it's a free photo sorting program offered by google). I kept seeing those blocks on other blogs and LOVED that way to include so many of the MANY pictures I take without overwhelming people (although I could never be overwhelmed with too many, in my opinion you can never have too many! but perhaps others don't agree). Anyway! The program was free and actually sorted through all my pictures and organized them by date (in it's own folder, it didn't mess with the folders I already had). My favorite aspect is the photo collage though!

Sarah said...

Now THIS is a perfect picture! Black & white and a bit of contrast and I believe you could make it into an 8 x 10 and sell it at a craft fair!

To get the photo blocks, I downloaded Picassa2 (it's a free photo sorting program offered by google). I kept seeing those blocks on other blogs and LOVED that way to include so many of the MANY pictures I take without overwhelming people (although I could never be overwhelmed with too many, in my opinion you can never have too many! but perhaps others don't agree). Anyway! The program was free and actually sorted through all my pictures and organized them by date (in it's own folder, it didn't mess with the folders I already had). My favorite aspect is the photo collage though!

smilnsigh said...

"Alas-another year for Christmas to be a flurry-and no real 'us' time"

What do you and Matt really want, for Christmas to be? Isn't this the only proper question, for your little family?

And then, act on it.

If you really think that this way, is really the best for your family Christmas and memories... Stay with it. Travel and rush about and do it this way, _because_ you choose to do so.

But if you really don't want this to be the way your family spends Christmas and makes children's memories, then be strong and brave and tell them, this year. Tell all of 'them,' whoever you rush and drive and get yourself in a flurry _for_, that this is the last time.

If you choose to do this, you will be hit with the most horrible _guilt inducing_ words and sighs and unspoken *promises* of everything from causing a heart attack or two in the old people... to just plain spoken words of -- "How can you be so selfish?"

But for my part, no one but you should make this decision. No other family member or non-member has any right to impose _their_ Christmas Plan on your family. Spoken as someone who "puts her money where her mouth is." :-)