What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ship's Ahoy....Chip's Ahoy

Last night was a BIG storm. Thunder and Lightning galore. My favorite of all nights! Before the storm got too bad though, Corynn and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves dancing in the rain. Since I can't fit in that itty-bitty kiddy pool, the only welcome reprieve from heat I can get comes in the form of water droplets-unnaturally in the shower, or quite naturally, in the rain. After Corynn had had enough (and the rain started beating so hard it actually hurt!), I wrapped her in a towel and we sat together on the porch, watching and listening and looking. We sat together for a good 30 minutes. Then, Papa came home and we came inside and had a pajama party. Stormy nights are so much fun. We lit candles and had quite a hu-rah. We valiantly steered the ship (our bed) through turbulent waters, with thunder clapping the sides, and water splashing us on deck. We rescued a young maiden (Corynn) from the depths holding onto her dear fingers. Such a brave and heroic tike-she jumped off the ship (the bed) to save Papa who was in the water (on the carpet) to fix the mast (the box fan). All is well now, the waters are calm and the heat is once again upon us. The weatherman says to expect the same sort of weather until WED. so perhaps we will go a'sailing again.

I must admit, I am a grump-a-lump through and through when the weather reaches it peak. So I ask....does anyone have any hot weather dinner suggestions? Something that doesn't require heating up the house??!?! I would be ever so grateful. In return I will share one with you. It is a funky 'kitchen-sink' tuna-macaroni salad. Proportions are for you to decide but the ingredients are as follows...
Tuna
Diced boiled potatoes (to be done in AM when weather is still cool or the night before)
Cut up Hard boiled eggs (cooked much likeunto the potatoes)
Macaroni (to be cooked much like unto the eggs and potatoes)
Cut up pickles or relish
Celery
Mayo or in our house, Miracle Whip (or the aldi version, specifically)
Green beans or wax beans or peas...whatever.
Put in refridge to cool. Serve cold.

Hey-it's called "Kitchen-sink" because it can be whatever you want...everything BUT the kitchen sink. Now.......your turn!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Funny you should post this...last night Millie, Annie, and I had a similar Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad. Then Millie threw it up all over the bed and pillow all night long. I have leftovers that I will not feed her tonight, even though I thought it tasted delicious! (The addition of potatoes is a new one to me...sounds good.)

Here's to sailing the high seas!

I have no meal recommendations b/c I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). The heat saps both my appetite and the desire to cook.