What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A night to remember....

Imagine a night being shared with only one. As you stare across the table at the one that you love, seeing his dark brown eyes flickering with love in the candlelight, surrounded by glittering hearts and lights while soft jazz music dances to your ears and through the night sky, you are taken back to the very day that all of this sweet love was first realized, and then the day that brought you two together in a union and commitment before God. Such was my night last night.

Matt and I celebrated a very special day yesterday-our Anniversary. Three years and counting. Since we didn't have much money...we got creative! Matt made me a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, and HOT COCOA! Delicious! That was his present to me. My present to him was a surprise. At 6:00, I told him to take Corynn upstairs to eat and keep her up there. He wasn't allowed to look out windows OR come downstairs without warning. Later, he was in charge of putting her to bed. During that time, I made us dinner of spinach manicotti and fresh from the garden sauteed green beans. We also had breadsticks and for dessert vanillar pudding (hey! I was on a time crunch!) I decorated the tree out back with all sorts of Christmas lights and made a bunch of aluminum foil hearts. I lit candles on the tables, and floated some flowers in water, I played our wedding CD. After supper, we danced. It was a beautiful evening and one that I will never forget. Matt was surprised too. I would be more elaborate in my detail and say more-except I don't have time. Got to run! Mom has her gallbladder surgery today and I have to take care of the kids for her. Got to get there! :-)

3 comments:

Abigail said...

How ushy-gushy romantic! It sounds and looks lovely. Cheers to two such thoughtful and, dare I say it, creative people! God joined you well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated 3rd Anniversary!!! I knew it was this week but the week is flying by! I'm glad you both had a great day! I think some of the most memorbale moments are those which we done out of pure creativity(usually because of lack of money)!

Paula said...

how wonderfully romantic!!!