What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, August 29, 2005

No Fancy Title-just not creative today.

Currently Reading: LOTS of things!
Quilting with Laura ~Patterns Inspired by Little House on the Prairie by Linda Halpin is one of the many quilting books I borrowed from the library and All Things Wise and Wonderful by James Herriott are just two of the books I am looking through right now. I have quite a few crafting books that I am checking out-hoping to get inspired. You know-the holiday is coming up-and if you like to make most your gifts, like we do, you have to start your preparations early!

Today I am ‘watching’ my niece and nephew, Samantha and Wayne. I say ‘watching’ because they are almost 12 and almost 9 so they don’t require much!  Elizabeth and Bob went out for the day to celebrate their anniversary. This afternoon Samantha and I baked some peanut butter cookies together-and Wayne was eventually drawn to the kitchen to help too. We had so much fun-we decided we were on a roll and so we also made (per Samantha’s suggestion!) Chocolate Chip Banana Bars (an excellent choice since I have ripe banana’s to get rid of!) Both turned out really well. It was so nice to have real helpers in the kitchen! Corynn helps by stirring-but a two year old doesn’t even STIR very good!

Tonight as a special treat, we are making homemade pizza’s (one is going to be ‘stuffed crust’) and watching a movie. We chose Hans Christian Anderson-My Life as a Fairytale. It looks really good! Matt and I are just as excited as the kids…

I was hoping to do laundry and make peach jam. It just didn’t happen. I had to go grocery shopping and the weather is weird-overcast. Dry ground but wet air. Needless to say, clothes wouldn’t dry very well anyway.

Yesterday we had a couple over for supper after church. They are new to the area but are settling down here. They just bought a house. They are a young couple-they have three children…two boys and one belly baby. It was so delightful having them over! You know you have something in common when the first thing they say when they come in is-“Wow-we have that whole row of books!” Most people who come to our house say “wow-you have a lot of books.” in this exasperated tone. Translation: “What are you thinking? What do you do with those?!?!” Well-what do you think we do with them?!?!?! 
They stayed until after 7 o’clock since we lost track of time. Thanks to great conversation! It is good to find more like-minded people…they are certainly hard to come by for Matt and I.

This week is going to prove a very interesting week. It is a week that will decide our future. I won’t be going into anything now-but we will have a very important decision to make this week. Certain aspects of such a hard decision weigh heavy on our hearts and minds and so it is important that we seek wisdom in this area. Until a decision is made-my heart is in my throat. I am sometimes excited, sometimes, scared: sometimes ‘pro’ sometimes ‘con’:very schitzophrenic. ( I apologize for that last sentence- I am horrible at punctuation.) I will be happy when the week is over. For closure-and for celebration! Friday is Corynn’s 2nd birthday! I still have no idea what to get or make for her. She is such a special little girl. It would be so easy to spoil spoil spoil her. The one thing I LONG to get for her, I can’t. She loves those spring bouncy ponies. My mom has one and it is always the first thing she goes to. We just could never spend that much money on one-I have looked and looked at yard sales but to no avail. I had better get some inspiration soon-because before I know it, it will be here.

Well…got to get the pizzas started. This pregnancy I don’t feel so well. If I don’t eat often, in seconds I can go from being fine to being so terribly hungry that I feel like I am going to throw up and pass out at the same time. So-when I start to feel ‘empty” I have a few minutes to fix it or I won’t even be able to prepare anything I will feel so bad. Now is the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cookies looks so good! I was hungry for cookies yesterday but I just had no energy to bake any :(

I will pray for your decision you need to make. Trust in the Lord!

My daughter will be SIX on September 9th! I can't believe how fast time flies. I am so glad she is content to be a little girl and not grow up too fast like so many little girls try to do nowadays. We got her a doll for her birthday and she is having a "princess" birthday. Treasure your time with your little girl because time flies by so fast. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~Jen

Leah said...

Rebecca,

I hope that everything is going smoothly so far with the decision you need to make. I will be praying for you throughout the rest of the week. (((HUGS)))

Grace & Peace to you,
Leah