What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Good Gift

I

Yesterday I had an appointment for Corynn. A 'playdate' appointment. (I have serious opinions about 'playdates' that would put me on a very high soapbox and most assuredly on someone's blacklist, so I will keep my mouth shut on THAT.) I also have the uncanny ability to say 'yes' to anyone, despite what I want, just to avoid hurting feelings. So, when I was having chills and feeling awful-I took some tylenol, packed the kids up into their snowman suits and trudged to a ladies house down the road a ways. In my defense, I knew I shouldn't be going so I was going to call to cancel-but then couldn't find her number. I couldn't just stand them up!

We came away, though, with a complete set of cast-offs. Handcrocheted sweater, hat and scarf that the mother had made for her little girl and has since outgrown! Wooowee! Selfish me was glad I had not canceled, after all!

The mother had seen me walking with the children on our road, Andrew in his knit sweater and hat, and we had chatted about how I loved knitted things and how I was learning crochet. She thought it would be fitting for us to have it. That was a very nice thing indeed.

I took a few photos to share. Ha! "A few" I apologize ahead of time for the redundant photographs. Only I can take so many pictures of ONE sweater and hat. hehehe
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

This one is my fav. of Corynn in her new ensemble. What a great outfit, I LOVE IT :)

Abigail said...

Love it. Definitely worth one play date.