* We woke up to a single Canadian Goose in our yard!
*In Andrew's haste to get to the window, he fell face first between the bed and wall, breaking open his lip.
* It's 78 degrees here today, so we set up a new baby pool to splash around in!
* Because Corynn was so excited she hopped around, fell down the steps, skinned up both knees and bit HER lip. (I am raising a bunch of vampires, I tell ya!)
* I stripped all the beds, cleaned the ceiling fans and dusted the children's room (and all their trinkets) !
* While I was preoccupied doing those things, Andrew was trying to cut his finger off with some unnamed object. I don't know what it was, but when I saw blood on the bathroom floor, streaked on his shirt and pants, and beading from his finger, I knew what was what. (It wasn't THAT bad, He never even cried. Er, at least, I didn't hear him...)
* The patio furniture is outside being ready to be strategically placed in my 'retreat spot'- and the bushy/weedy spot has been taken care of!
* But, because I have been focused on that~ my basement is in SHAMBLES. Literally. No-I will NOT post a picture, thank you very much!
* My in-laws are coming for the weekend! Everyone is excited AND the weather is going to be nice!
* But that means I need to HURRY UP and get this house in order before it's...tooo....late.....
So you see~ it's been an up and down sort of day. Nothing can stay the same for more than a few minutes at a time! My children are bleeding profusely from all parts of their bodies but the sun is shining and we are smiling despite it all. At least for the next five minutes.
Finally~ in other news:
* I got this most amazing package of secret notes, one photo clue to open for each of the next 15 days from-you guessed it, my secret friend. Supposedly, it will help me figure out who this wonderfully insane person this is but I am now on day 9 and absolutely NO further ahead than I was in the beginning! Is it any wonder, with 'clues' like this?!?! "This is what my backyard looks like" for a photo of grass. "These are the flowers in my kitchen", etc. It has been fun, but I am such a dope. Along these secret friend lines, I have a little letter for YOU.
Dear Secret Friend~ Thank you for the GORGEOUS book you sent us! I don't know how you are such a mindreader, but THAT book was on my wishlist and has been ever since I looked up books by the same author as Heckedy Peg. Not only have we enjoyed the book, but Corynn asks to listen to King Bidgood's cd every morning at breakfast. You surely do know us well...
But- you aren't letting me know YOU and you better START or I am going to hunt you down and show you what's what!
Er, wait. How can I hunt you down with clues about TOILETS and socks?!?!
Well, then, scratch that.
But I will cry. Buckets and Buckets of tears. And maybe, stay in the bathtub all day.