What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, May 08, 2009

Heart pictures



Climbing makes this boy tick. I know this because I know HIM.

Taking pictures makes me tick. My children know this of me because they know ME.

~~~~

When boychild shouts to me "Mama. Take a picture of me!" the words I hear are:

"Mama. Remember me this moment, this day. Remember what I love and what I look like, and what you hear when I talk. Remember my scowl brow and that I am never without my cowboy boots. Remember that my top button always needs to be buttoned and that while I am a brave, fearless boy who climbs tractors and runs off cliffs, maybe I still need to put sock "gloves" on when I touch a snake for the first time. Someday, these things will only be but memories. So take a picture of me this moment, a heart picture, and remember me just as I am this moment, forever."

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Charree said...

What priceless pictures. It is so wonderful that they like your taking pictures of them.

While I am not a fan of snakes (rather I pretty hate them), your post was pretty amusing and kuddos to you for taking pictures of it. I am pretty sure I would have been running in the opposite direction.

Jerelene said...

Other than no feet on Little Bear, I don't like snakes. Or I should say they scare me!! A LOT!! The pics were very sweet though. The one with him standing on the tire..that is my favorite..You should blow it up and frame it!!
Have a great weekend!! Blessings, Jerelene

Nanci said...

I love the things that make you tick, and your whole perpective as you view this world around you. You have a rare gift of savoring the moment and truly enjoying God's handiwork -- whether it is a small child who grows much too fast or a drop of rain or a snake.