What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Winter Bonnet for Corynn

Blogging is always a good motivation...especially when you publicly admit to loony and slightly embarrassing flaws like project addiction.

And that motivation has resulted in a bunch of new FINISHED projects! (*cue applause*)

I plan to draw these projects out in order to squeak every last blog post I can get out of them. wink


For today though~ a winter bonnet for Corynn. I adore anything Elfin so immediately fell in love with the subtle, pointy tip of this hat which turns it very Elfin indeed.

Better still, it is simply a single-crocheted RECTANGLE measured individually ( from jawbone to jawbone) and then stitched up the back. Made with a chunky yarn (Cozy Wool), one skein was the EXACT amount I needed. Couldn't be simpler.

And Corynn L.O.V.E.S. it.

I made it last Friday and she has LITERALLY worn it every single day since~ all day long.

Inside, outside. Awake, in bed. At play, at church.

THAT is the sort of reaction that makes my heart happy and my project-lists multiply exponentially.

6 comments:

Davene Grace said...

Nice!!

I especially like the richness of that color, too!

Mrs. Rebekah S. said...

Like! :)

The joyful expression on her face is so sweet, too.

Anonymous said...

I really love your blog! You are such an inspiration and a great role model as a wife and mother. But I must ask--do they not sell chapstick in your neck of the woods? Your beautiful children always look like they have chapped lips!!?? Ouch!

Victorianlady8 said...

Super Cute....and your children are going to be SUPER TALL!!! :) Which I like by the way...though I am only 5ft 9" :)

Unknown said...

Aww. :) Way to go on your projects!! :)

Abigail said...

I love it!

I always want to sew little caps and bonnets for the girls, but have only made a few in the last (gulp) ten years. This makes me want to revive and grow my extremely limited knowledge of crochet.

Corynn looks enchanting in it.