What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

1st

I finished my first sewing seeds skirt yesterday during naptime. It was a surprisingly FAST project! I used all fabric that I had in my stash (the red fabric was actually a bunch of handmade curtains I bought from a thrift store for the fabric!) and I followed the tutorial instead of buying a pattern-so really, it was free for me to make.

Corynn liked the skirt too and was a bit wounded when I told her it was for another child. Then, I explained the situation and she asked if someday I could make her one so she could match the little African girl. That's a nice idea...

I liked the vibrant colors and was VERY happy to see that I had fabric that coordinated at least a BIT! I think I am going to work on a baby dress during naptime today. I think I may have found another use for some curtain valances! If I get it done, I will post pictures of the dress tomorrow!


4 comments:

Alexis said...

Hello Rebecca,
Thank you so much for the encouraging comment you left on my blog! You are so sweet!
I think this project (I read your description below) is absolutely amazing! What a great idea, and what a practical way to help out children in need! Maybe I will even try out my hand at sewing one...after I finish finals next week that is! I am in school studying nutrition, to become a registered dietition.
I hope you're feeling better! Love and prayers,
Alexis

Charree said...

The skirt is too adorable. It is so happy and cheerful looking. It is grea that you had the fabric already. I am not very good at making stuff from no pattern, so I visited JoAnne's on Sunday.

Full of Grace said...

Bright and Cheery...Too Cute :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! I am sure the little girl that receives it will love the colors.