What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, August 13, 2007

Take Two



When she was about a year and a half old, we all met at a State Park and went camping. We borrowed a tent, brought along the portapack, and tried Corynn out at the whole camper's experience. It tanked.

Now, she is a whopping two years older and she was ready to make another attempt. She slept the first night out in the tent with the other girls. OR rather, she STAYED out in the tent. Even as I headed to bed, I could still hear giggled and see sheer wall shadows. The next night, she begged to do it again-but I refused (oh what a NASTY Mama I can be!)

She hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, a BUSY and full day with no nap and another nights' "sleep" in the tent would have spelled D*I*S*A*S*T*E*R for worshipping on the Sabbath.

I don't think she minded all THAT much. But I KNOW she LOVED her camping experience and looks forward to the time I turn into the 'fun' Mama again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: