What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend in Review


(watercress growing on stream)


My post on Friday was left with great anxiety, as I had no plan for food to bring with me for our Saturday away. Have no fear! I stayed up until 1 am, met face to face with ANOTHER mouse who has taken up residence here, and ran around like a chicken with her head cut off-but I eventually finished making a blackberry cobbler, frosted cinnamon rolls, and a crockpot full of chipotle bbq chicken. All's well that ends well.

Following are a new slew of photos, from the weekend.

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chipotle BBQ Chicken in the crockpot?? Ohhhhh, sounds yummy! Tell me more, please :). I looked on your Kitchen Riches site and didn't see it.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!!

Just ignore those who don't think before they speak (a reference to the comment on Friday) Those are persons that I like to think put the "ignor(e)" in ignorant. :)

Melissa

Rebecca said...

Thanks Melissa!

I didn't put it in Kitchen Riches because, technically, it isn't a recipe. :-)

I bought a little packet of Chipotle Marinade Powder a while back and mixed that with a bottle of BBQ sauce and threw in a bunch of legs, wings, etc. from chicken.

And that was it. It was yummy though! :-)