What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, April 23, 2010

Foto Friday: RED


Last weeks FoTo Challenge was RED.

I did not pick up the camera once.

My only real plan was to get some slow-shutter streaks of nighttime car breaklights gong across a bridge. When the slutter is show, the breaks would turn into lines....) I procrastinated until last night...when suddenly Matt appeared a night EARLY.

You can BET I wasn't going to drive 20 minutes away after my love finally came home after a week. SO this week I am being a total loser and raiding my archives and not adding a LICK of newness to the bunch.







Posted by Picasa


Now for those people who actually CHALLENGED themselves....



In order to participate in these Foto Friday challenges, you must take a photo (or several) pertaining to the challenge WITHIN the challenge week and post it/them to your blog. When you do, please link back to this blog {you may use the button if you like} so that perhaps we can get lots of participants! (Because, you know, the more the merrier!) Then simply link to your Foto Friday post with Mr. McLinky here so that we all can visit you and compare notes...


For those of you new to this blog (or to Foto Friday's in general), each Friday we get a new photo challenge to work on for the week and we post our photos the next Friday and link back up here. Whatever your skill level, the goal is to get behind your camera and to begin, as you practice, to view subjects in a different light. To extend yourself and your concepts and ideas. To create ART instead of just snapping a picture. And to do it all while having FUN.

~~~~~An Important Note~~~~~~
I am gathering new suggestions for the photo challenges so if anyone has any great suggestions or has something they would like to cover, leave them in the comments!
I will be making a new list this week.

This week's challenge is..... SIGNS

Hope to see you next Friday!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee...I wish I had archives like THAT! :) YAY for your hubby being HOME! :)

Terri said...

Those are some seriously awesome photos, Rebecca! I love them all.

I'll come back and leave a comment if I get inspired with any ideas for future Foto Fridays.

Dana said...

Love them all!! Glad your hubby is home--enjoy the weekend.

Nanci said...

It just goes to show you have your priorities straight. It also gives us an opportunity to enjoy some great photographs the second time around. So glad for you that Matt got home early!!!

alane said...

I love your representations of red, especially the hummingbird feeder. I have very fond memories of mixing up "hummingbird soup" as a child and choosing which color to make it each time.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I'm so glad that hubby arrived home EARLY. That is always a wonderful thing. :)

Yes, you're hosting this whole challenge, but family always comes first. **grin**

I'll try to come up with some ideas.

Bonnie said...

Bee-yu-ti-ful!
I like the strawberries the best, I have been craving them, and ate a whole (gulp) pound the other evening. In 10 minutes.
(Thank-you Lord for California strawberries and grocery store sales)

Collin said...

I really like the humingbird picture!

Tracy said...

The hummingbird and dahlia are great!

Jemit said...

I wanted to reach in that bucket and stuff my face with those berries!!!! WOW!
You needed suggestions for the future? How about:
Wheels
Sunshine
blurred
pleasure
nightlife
children
cleanliness
Mexican
American
slow
landscape
balloons
fashion
whiskers
hot
Is that enough?

Anonymous said...

Regardless of when you took them, they are all AMAZING!

Terri said...

Okay, here are thoughts for possible subjects:

home
marriage
family
children
siblings
tranquility
food
textures

Your Fellow Sister said...

I love the flower!!! It's definitely my favorite. The strawberries are a close second!

Full of Grace said...

The hummingbird and flower are my favs this week! :) You always do an amazing job, whether it be today, tomorrow, or last year!

MameyJane said...

Wow...what incredible talent. I ALMOST participated this week...after seeing all the great photos I'm glad I didn't. I have some work to do before I'm brave enough to show my stuff :).

Rebecca said...

Mamey Jane~if you check back here: know that ALL levels are welcome and encouraged to participate! That is what it is all about...LEARNING! So-be brave! and remember~ we are always our worst critics!