Two nights ago I finished the whole discipline series and set them up for automatic postings. (Hallelujah) SO for two days I haven't had to THINK about blogging.
Unfortunately for me, I am already sick to death of the subject (could it be the nights and days I spent writing about it?!) and feel sad not to have anything CHEERFUL to blog about. I am also more than *slightly* worried that through this series, I will come across as a mean and wicked step-mother (without the step) housing a brood of Hansel and Gretal-like, downtrodden and desperate souls.
Saying it isn't so likely won't prove a thing to those of you who don't see our family thriving in real life, so I guess I shouldn't try. But, for the record....
~ I can't hold a grudge if it were to save my life.
~ I think the longest I have ever been angry at someone was at Matt, in the beginning our marriage. For 20 minutes straight.
~Sometimes I bust up laughing at my children when I ought to be reprimanding them and Matt has even asked me to leave the room once (okay-MAYBE twice) because I "wasn't HELPING" the situation. (But sometimes they are just so stinkin' CUTE. And sometimes their giggles are just so darn contagious!)
~ Laughs far outweigh cries in this house and kisses far outnumber stern looks.
So, just keep these things in mind as you continue to read this series on discipline. (If anyone IS, that is...).
Now. Onto bigger (!) and better things.
It has been a while since my last update and MY, have things popped. Specifically, my belly.
Since tomorrow I will be out of my twentieth week and into my twenty-first, I figure I owe a few half-baked photos before it is too late!
Here is some of the latest and greatest on the Smooch-front:
- I look huge from the pictures but I only FEEL huge when I got to church with a first-time pregnant gal who is as far along as I am and she has this impossibly tiny little bump and I think to myself- "Wowza. I am a whale!"
- My mom says I am carrying HIGH which, in her mind, means I am having a girl. My MIND keeps telling me it is going to be a boy.
- Names are a struggle this time around. I love so many names that Matt hates. We both love so many names that people will shorten to things that we both hate. We *MIGHT* have nailed down a girl name. Boy names, on the other hand, are proving more difficult.
- Ears are perfectly formed by now, which has always been a huge thing for me. When I sing in the shower or hum while I work (incessantly), Smooch could be thinking it is his/her own little serenade and that thought makes me happy. I sing more often, just for him/her.
- I have been obsessed lately with fears of losing Smooch. I even googled "20 week baby" which took me to a page for therapeutic, stillborn photography and I actually STAYED. I spent 20 minutes or so crying over those beautiful, heart-wrenching babies until I was sobbing so hard that I knew it just wasn't healthy. I do this to myself and I don't know why.
- Thankfully, Smooch has been moving around for about 2 1/2 weeks and only gets more persistent by the day. I am always so grateful for those tugs and jostles, and they seem to begin just when fears start to creep in.
- I still fit into the jeans I wore two years ago in a non-pregnant state. This says less about how thin I am now (NOT) and much, MUCH more about how overweight I was back then. I am amazed that at 20 weeks, with a big 'ole baby belly hanging out in front of me, that I fit into jeans I wore non-pregnant. I was H.U.G.E! May it never be so again.
I finally started (this week) unbuttoning them when I sit because they got to be so uncomfortable. Soon (please?!?) it will be warm enough that I won't need them anymore. It is my goal not to wear maternity pants a single time this pregnancy.
- I haven't unpacked any maternity clothes yet. For the time being, when not wearing "the jeans", I am stretching out all my lovely knit wrap dresses.
- I am so addicted to sweets it is SCARY. I haven't eaten so much sugar in my life. (BAD! BAD!) THis is why it is not Smooch that is growing, but my double chin. Must. Get. A. Handle. On. It. (for reasons stated two bullets up)
- I have decided I really want an ultrasound. Even if we have to pay extra.
- I really need to start walking again. By evening, I am SO beat. I need more stamina. NEED.
- I had all sorts of plans to start making things in anticipation of Smooch's arrival way back in January when I started the Crafting the Blues away challenge. I never did make the BABY anything. I still haven't. :-(
A hat like this. (Not quite so long and sans-pom-pom) Or like this: perfection. Also trying to come up with a crochet alternative.
A diaperbag. Maybe this one. Possibly this one. This one is super cute. Any other ideas?
A stroller bag.
A knit wrap like this.
(I have tried making a this wrap SO many times and failed. Failed. FAILED again. I know this is probably impossibly easy...can't get much easier...which is why I can't bring myself to buy it. I just have to keep trying~ I WON'T give up. Even if I AM a dork.)
An itty bitty dress like this.
And oh, just about a hundred others...
- I deleted 123 photos in order to get these four. I am SUCH a good photographer, let me tell you.