What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Monday


After a weekend of refusing to do anything but the absolute bare minimum (and a lot of cooking/baking), my home is feeling less like a home and more like a dumpster.

I need an intervention.

Since there is nothing more motivating than having someone WATCH, and since I am so desperately in need of some motivation, I am going to write every thing I am able to accomplish today right here. Tonight.

(And yes. I am the kind to write things down just to check them off like...

make breakfast. check.
eat breakfast. check.
change diapers and clothes x3. check.
do chores. check
blog to-do list. check.

:-)

And here is a list of some things to keep me on track. The ones with the ** are HUGE jobs.

~ Laundry. Five loads. Wash. Dry. Fold. Put away. check-well, 2 of the loads are still on the line because it started raining.

~ schooling. ** check

~ Tackle front room ** check

~ Organize yardsale clothing **

~ Finish the letter I started writing yesterday check

~ Finish switching Judah's clothes to the next size check

~ Call pet shops about bunnies check

~ Put ad on Craigslist for bunnies and camera check-the bunnies anyway.

~ Find out about Easter hosting check

~ cook dinner (what should we have? hmmmm.) check- ziti and salad

~ dishes x3 check

~ Move Corynn's desk. ** check

~ Dehydrate two batches of apples almost check-only finished one

~Move Judahs bed. :-( check

~Empty garbages for pick-up. check

~ Remedy EGG situation. (we are swimming in them.) check

~ Put away bags in bedroom check

~ Tidy living room check



(can't imagine I will get to these today but I will write it here just in case. And there is always tomorrow.)

~ Deep clean my bedroom. **

~ Move bed. Sweep and mop under it.**

~ Dust bedroom furniture.

~Clear off nightstands.

~ Dust living room.

~ Organize school shelves **

~ Tidy office

It will be interesting seeing just how much I can get done today, especially since Adele' is being a whiney wanting-to-be-held-all-day-or-bawling-instead kind of girl today.

Hopefully I don't look TOTALLY pathetic at the end of the day!

~~~~~~~~ Well it is 10:45 and I am *THIS* close to going to bed.

I never thought I would have accomplished so much...not to mention:

~ swinging Adele' on the swing
~ following Andrew out to admire a baby bird who fell out of her nest
~ hugging on, nursing, and cooing at a gurgling baby Judahbear
~ making a new batch of peppermint iced tea
~ changing Adele's clothes when she fell into a big 'ole mud puddle.

Kissing her boo boos.

~ Listening to Corynns latest chapter book rehash. I've created a monster.

And here is the 'front room' before and afters, one of my MANY to-dos for the day. Just because.




Nothing like telling the world you are a loser to get yourself re-motivated!

GOODNIGHT!


(I just hope when tomorrow morning rolls around, I wake up!)

9 comments:

Joyfull said...

I have to chuckle, I have had weeks like this where it seems nothing gets accomplished and I must write down the most basic things to do. Lists are great!! Especially when you get to see that little check mark!
Hope you have a productive and blessed week.

Bonnie said...

I thought you wrote
Check with pet shop about *dust* bunnies!
Wow, if they take those, I'll be rich!
I need to stop skimming I think.
My JB is whiny crying too, makes my 5 loads of laundry kinda tough to do...
I think I might just adopt your list, it looks so much like mine. Saves me the trouble of writing ;0D
Tata!

Bonnie said...

P.S. You should make Dutch Babies for supper, you'll use lots of eggs:

1c. milk
1 c. flour
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
dash salt
1 stick butter

Melt butter in a 9X13 pan at 400*.
Mix together milk, flour eggs vanilla and salt, until smooth. Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or syrup, or fruit filling and serve warm.

I'm off to make butter now, as the jars of cream nearly fall out of the fridge every time I open the door!

Phyllis said...

I think we are all feeling a little overwhelmed about now.
Your list is making me exhausted.

Anonymous said...

I need to Make (and post) a list like this too!

Matt said...

Superwoman strikes again. I came home to a pile of check marks.

Bonnie said...

Yay! You got way more done than I did!

Natural Mama said...

I've never commented on your blog--got the link from my SIL, but I love your blog and your 'keepin' it real' ! My house was a disaster yesterday (Mondays...ugh!) and I really was amazed at what I got done.
God Bless!
Monica @ Natural Mama
PS. Pound cakes use a lot of eggs also Egg Custard Pie?? Just some thoughts. We are getting an egg every other day, so I'm not feelin' ya there. YET. :)

Cochran Clan News said...

You really ARE superwoman!! I would pat my back and take the rest of the week off if I had done all of that! So.... what's wrong with ME??

I am SO spoiled with all of your posts this week!!!

Janey