What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My little fashion designer


I keep a stash of empty toilet paper tubes in a basket under the bathroom sink for whenever the childrens' creative juices are flowing. Usually, when one person starts creating with them, the entire basket empties in an afternoon.

I particularly liked Andrew's rendition of glasses this past week. They fit Adele' just perfect! (The sides are pencils.)

Very Edith Head, no?


And speaking of Edith Head~ she pretty much sums up my views of woman and dress with this great quote:

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fashion indeed, and I agree with Edith. Pictures forthcoming of my rendition of that statement. Kinda.

Brilliant idea for t.p. rolls.

Full of Grace said...

Cute Pics of Adele', I can see the resemblance ;) btw..I have a bag of things for her here and whatever you don't need you can pass to Abbie if you would like. You can pick them up whenever :)

Emma said...

Fabulous! And what a fantastic quote!
Emma

A Happy Wife said...

Rebecca,

I'm embarrassed to admit that I never heard of Edith Head, and since "The Incredibles" is one of our favorite movies around here, I had to share this post with the family one evening during dinner. They, too, thought the resemblance was uncanny. Then last evening, the boys were watching "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and while Ian was reading the film credits on the video tape box, he recognized the costume designer's name from our dinner conversation - yep, Edith Head. I love it when they make those connections...so thanks for being a part of that.

I also love her quote...how true.

Sending blessings your way,
Kris Zerby