What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sneak Peeks


I made a *very* last-minute, impromptu decision this week to host an Easter feast here at home.

Mainly so we could break Gram out of a hospital-like setting for the day and enjoy the holiday with her. (if all goes according to plan...) And slightly because we have our own HAM to eat. (!!!) And most especially because Easter calls for some serious celebrating! He is RISEN, indeed!



I put a ca-bash on the Easter dress sewing for two reasons:

1) I got this lovely vintage bit at an antique store for $8.00 and Corynn wants to wear it so WHY would I sew matching stuff for everyone if she isn't going to MATCH?!?

and

2) The fabric I have just seems MEANT to be paired with dark brown/dark red which are too....dark....for Easter time (at least to me.) so I am thinking they might be Thanksgiving dresses/new family photo dresses for the Christmas cards?

Reason number 3) I am a terrible procrastinator has absolutely NOTHING to do with it!!!

So a festive feast day seems just the ticket for some good old fashioned busyness and giving due hubbub to one of the most important celebration days on our calendar!

Here are just a few sneak peaks of what is in store:
















With the exception of the hydrangea beauties (because one MUST have fresh flowers. Well, I use that as MY excuse!) I am working strictly on a have-on-hand basis. I kinda sorta think that that adds to the fun of it.

And since one thing we have PLENTY of is eggs~ they will be making an appearance both as decorations and in plenty of the food offerings. :-)

Do you have any Easter traditions/plans that I can steal borrow?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Glad one of us shows restraint, I'm still gung-ho for the girls dresses (which have NOT been started) and a skirt and blouse for myself.
The skirt will only take about an hour though, so I can whip it up Sunday Morning if I need to. Yes, I really have done that before. Yes, I am often called crazy.

stephaniegiese said...

One of our new traditions is Resurrection Eggs. They are a really cute way to incorporate the true meaning of Easter into all the fun of egg hunts & Easter bunnies. It is much to long of an explanation to type, though. If you are interested, you can see how we made them here:

http://binkiesandbriefcases.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-craft-resurrection-eggs.html

That vintage dress is beautiful and I am super jealous of your egg problem. I desperately want a few chickens, but that's a no go while we are living in suburbia.

Happy Easter. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your Gram.:)

Our Peculiar Lives said...

That hydrangea shot is gorgous, and that dress, wow! It looks like it'll be a wonderful time! Is that a chick planning on making an appearance!? My kids would be beside themselves thrilled!