- Eggnog and toast
- Dippy eggs
- Scrambled eggs (several days)
- Oatmeal with brown sugar
- blueberry scones
- cornmeal mush with maple syrup
- yogurt with cereal on top
I can't remember the afternoon snacks-though I do recall making peppermint meringue cookies early last week and the children having them with snacks for a few days.
- Beef stew (the best I have ever made!) and buttermilk biscuits (using just three ingredients! and they were good!)
- Spaghetti with home canned meatsauce, spring garden salad, home canned pears and whole wheat parmesan breadsticks.
- leftover night (the last of the library classes I attended.)
- Marinated chicken and sweet peas over brown rice. Strawberries and huckleberries coated with vanilla yogurt.
- ugh. what did we have on Thursday?!? It was fancy.
- Pizza and carrot sticks with Ranch dip
- Split Pea Soup, Vegetable Beef Barley soup, Lots o' Buttery Crescents, Fruit tart for dessert. (Had friends over for a Soup and Scrabble night.)
- Sunday went to my parents' for a delicious *and big* lunch. I brought braided egg bread. That night the children had bowls of split pea soup before bed.
- Sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits (same as above), peas and corn mixed together. Cake for dessert. (Birthday request)
- Chili, beans, and cheese fries. (The kids have never had anything like this and felt VERY special.) Strawberry and Kiwi salad.
- And last night- Matt wasn't home for dinner and I was busy all the way until supper so I had to scramble at suppertime. I asked the children whether they wanted Bacon and Eggs or BLTs. They chose the bacon and eggs (and strawberries and pumpernickel toast) and I chose a BLT on pumpernickel (it has been over a year since I had a BLT and boy was it gooooood.)
There is one other night that I can't for the life of me recall, last Thursday, but I remember it being a good one. Just not memorable, apparently.
As for tonight~ we are having Ham, mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, and homecanned applesauce.
And you know what tomorrow brings! PIZZA NIGHT!
SO-what's on YOUR table these days?