It's that time again to revisit my goals for the year and review how I did during the month. Actually it is three days PAST time but I have been entertaining quite a bit for the last few days...so, you understand. Goals I didn't meet are in RED.
House Project of the Month: The goal is one but again this month, we accomplished more than one! yay!
- Matt built bookcases in our stairway. We both had a poly-staining party and I *FINALLY* unpacked our boxes of books, sorted them by genre/author and put them in.
- Matt hung the two antique mirrors where I wanted them and hung one of my stained glass light fixtures in the dining room.
- I finished the hankie shower curtain and hung it! Here is a sneak peek:
Family Read Aloud:
- Beowulf (the older two enjoyed this immensely and I enjoyed reading it. It is the kind of book you can really get dramatic with. It is pretty violent and a bit scary, so the olders and I read it after I read the littles some 'littles' books and put them to bed.)
- Understood Betsy (audio) (What a GREAT book! Many times as an adult, I was struck by the truths that came from this childrens' book. LOVED it.)
Letters to Opa/ Widows: 3
Scripture Memorization: Psalm 3
Savings Account: none*
Car Fund: none*
Principle on House: none*
* Closing costs on the house used up all our excess cash flow this month. Disappointing, but....worth it. ;-)
Christmas gift made: I worked on the other crocheted edge pillowcase. Now it is a pair and that gift is DONE. I realize I should have finished both in ONE month and had a different present done altogether by now. But. There it is.
Exercise (the goal was 3x a week): 16 days
Drank 60 ounces of water a day: Pretty sure I did this daily but I didn't mark it on my list so I don't have the exact days. Not a drop of soda in March either!
Read Bible (by myself): 12 times. Not quite a daily habit yet, is it? Thankfully, reading the Word is a daily habit in the form of family worship in the evenings and/or daily Bible study during the day with the children.
Other Goals from the yearly list:
~Began Catechism questions with the children (the book was finally unpacked!)