What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Truth

(My parents with seven of their nine grandchildren on Easter Sunday.)

An Easter weekend full of bread and wine and fruit tarts; of every baking sheet in the house full of warm bread and sinkfuls of dirty dishes; of sewing remnants flying about the Spare Oom and working in the wee hours of the morning because I procrastinated, as usual; of cutting hair and extra scrubbing under the fingernails; of visiting on patios and in kitchens and granaries; of hunts and laughs and bison sightings; of candy in eggs and candy in baskets and candy on tables and candy in bellies.

But the sweetest of all... the Truth of it.

Hope you felt it. Hope you FEEL it. It is pretty amazing.



(more pictures to come...)

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

The little I can see I LOVE! Great picture, and despite the actual bloodline, there is an uncanny resemblance between Adele and Cassandra : )

I felt though Truth of it more so than ever, but that's an eventual blog post of it's own.


I procrastinated too.

Bonnie said...

P.S. Judah's mouth is full of candy isn't it????

Rebecca said...

You know it! I am totally not above bribing with chocolate. ;-)

Unknown said...

I love this photo! I need more pictures of the PEOPLE that matter in my life. It's hard to get them all in one place at once and then if we do, I forget!

Gack. Where's my memory?!

Can't wait to see more of your Easter kiddie cloth creations! :)

Bobbi said...

Yes the sewing should inspire for sure!!!
OH and how i wish you were on facebook. i did not have chocolate to bribe my esther we ended up with two funny family photos. EH its the years with our two little ones likely to never have a normal photo for a while! : )
And our Savior has RIsen he has Risen indeed!
Blessings!

Amber said...

Thought you must be busy! What a sweet picture. Can't wait to see more. HE is risen indeed!

Cathy said...

What a blessing for your parents that they get to enjoy their grandchildren.