What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, May 17, 2013

WeekEnding

Tomorrow I am getting up early and going yard-saling at a huge annual community yard sale with my sister (and hopefully, Mom!), stopping by a church that has an annual perennial sale which I NEVER miss(perennials for pittance!), then a college graduation party in the afternoon and church communion bread baking in the evening.  On Sunday, we are having a church picnic after church so I need to figure out what to make for that too.

And somewhere, in the cracks and crevices of the weekend, I must eek out time to prepare garden beds and contend with our weed issues.  And, clearly, they ARE issues.


What are your plans for the weekend?  Whatever they may be, I hope yours is a happy one!

6 comments:

9peasMom said...

Your weekend sounds busy, but full of fun. My weekend could also be busy and full or just staying home depending on how #8 feels in the morning.

Terri said...

Happy belated birthday, Rebecca! I'm sorry to read of your health issues lately and will be praying.

Weekend is busy, as usual, basically with church things.

Have a blessed weekend!

Rosemary said...

Looks like a dandelion on steroids.

Abigail said...

With any luck, your vegetables will take off in the same manner once you scare the weeds off!

Also, don't you dare make a loaf of communion bread, Missy, because it's MY week! Last week was only week #1 for me, so you're off the hook. Also, I will happily take the following two weeks off your hands if you but say the word! C'mon, just do it. You know you want to. :)

Rebecca said...

Oh Abby! I can't tell you how glad I am to have written about communion bread! Absolutely NOT for the following two weeks, but I can't say that I am not happy to get today off! Thank you!

PS. Last week, during communion I heard Corynn say rather loudly- "Oh Papa! It is still WARM!" Granted, her heart should be on other matters than the physical loaf- but can I just say? Thanks ALOT for raising the stinkin' bar... :-)

Abigail said...

I'm sure she noticed it wasn't warm yesterday, perhaps because I stayed up until the middle of the night to prepare everything instead waking up early. Also, did you notice we arrived late near the BEGINNING of Sunday school instead of arriving just before the Lord's service?

There is no correlation here.