I have been having so much fun compiling 'Good Stuff' posts lately, I think this might just become a regular thing. I think a 'Because YOU Asked' type post should become a more regular posting as well. I have been sitting on a few questions emailed to me for TOO.LONG (I am so sorry ladies- you know who you are.) So look for that coming up too.
Here are a few 'Good Things' for the weekend.
- The Creativity Crisis from Newsweek is a thought-provoking read. I liked looking through (and reading the commentary from) the slideshow of drawings from the 'creativity test' they gave to people. Once I knew what they deemed less creative and what made something more creative I thought..."Hmmm." It would be fun to see what Corynn and Andrew come up with. So I recreated the squiggles and this is what they came up with.
I am betting you can probably guess who's who. ;-)
- Popsicle Stick Harmonica's- Totally doing this with the children!
|This. Yes, this.|
- Why You Are Where You Are Now: For Such a Time As This. You all know Ann Voskamp, I'm sure. And this recent post of hers had me in tears by the end. We are Esthers, all.
- If you are a fan of John Taylor Gatto, I bet The Ultimate History Lesson: A Weekend With John Taylor Gatto would be right up your alley. It has five segments totaling over five hours of interview so don't expect to be done in 20 minutes! :-) I have been chipping away at it when I am able. Maybe you'd like to also?
- It is going to be HOT this weekend- Taking this little bottle boat down to the creek might just be the perfect way to cool off. Since we don't own barbies- I am thinking our dollhouse family might like a boating trip.
- Don't miss the SUPERMOON on Sunday!!!! This will be the perfect ending to our year of astronomy!
Any plans for the weekend?
We just POSSIBLY might have a romantic weekend, the Mister and I. Maybe. You know how these things go... I'll tell you one thing, I sure could USE one! A sunrise wedding on Saturday. A kid-less, just the two-of-us Friday night. The kinks are all still be worked out- but it should be fun.
See you on the flipside!