What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, June 21, 2013

GOOD STUFF for the weekend





 I have been having so much fun compiling 'Good Stuff' posts lately, I think this might just become a regular thing.   I think a 'Because YOU Asked' type post should become a more regular posting as well.  I have been sitting on a few questions emailed to me for TOO.LONG (I am so sorry ladies- you know who you are.)  So look for that coming up too.



Here are a few 'Good Things' for the weekend.

  • The Creativity Crisis from Newsweek is a thought-provoking read. I liked looking through (and reading the commentary from) the slideshow of drawings from the 'creativity test' they gave to people.  Once I knew what they deemed less creative and what made something more creative I thought..."Hmmm."  It would be fun to see what Corynn and Andrew come up with.  So I recreated the squiggles and this is what they came up with.  





I am betting you can probably guess who's who.  ;-)





This.  Yes, this.



  • If you are a fan of John Taylor Gatto, I bet The Ultimate History Lesson: A Weekend With John Taylor Gatto would be right up your alley.   It has five segments totaling over five hours of interview so don't expect to be done in 20 minutes!  :-)  I have been chipping away at it when I am able.  Maybe you'd like to also?   

  • It is going to be HOT this weekend-  Taking this little bottle boat down to the creek might just be the perfect way to cool off.  Since we don't own barbies- I am thinking our dollhouse family might like a boating trip.

  • Don't miss the SUPERMOON on Sunday!!!! This will be the perfect ending to our year of astronomy!

Any plans for the weekend?  

We just POSSIBLY might have a romantic weekend, the Mister and I.  Maybe.  You know how these things go...  I'll tell you one thing, I sure could USE one!  A sunrise wedding on Saturday.  A kid-less, just the two-of-us Friday night.  The kinks are all still be worked out- but it should be fun. 

See you on the flipside!



 

2 comments:

Abigail said...

You know that gorgeous light I mentioned in the email this morning? Guess what I photographed.
Hints:
1. Pink
2. Ruffled
3. Peonies

I should just stop blogging. I'm perennially a beat behind the crowd!

Also, I think it's so sweet of Matt to give the two of you a night alone without those pesky baby goats. (They nibble everything.)

p.s. Corynn is a creative genius, but you knew that already.

p.p.s. Please don't take a wedding picture of us with our six grumpy, rumpled, sleepless children. Thank you.

Full of Grace said...

First of all..Ha to Abigails last comment! :) Secondly, I sure do hope it works out for you two to have a romantic mini getaway! :) I am so happy for you! :)