What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Rainbows
















I found a rainbow in my pictures and it got me thinking.  I realized that the pot of gold isn't always at the end of the rainbow-but in the rainbow seeking.

Sometimes I think so much about what I should do next- that I forget to see what wonderful opportunities there are to do right here.  Where I am.

Sometimes I think wistfully of reaching that ever-elusive spot in life where there is more time.  More money.  Less worry.  Less chaos.  More luxury.  More.  But in the wishing for tomorrow, I miss the glories of this day.

Why am I never content with how things are THIS.MOMENT?  Why do I spend more time thinking about hypothetical dreams, future hopes (and worries) than what is happening this very moment?

God is in raindrops.  God is in the girl wrapped in yarn.  God is in the cherries AND the pits.  God is in the cinnamon sugar shaker that was mysteriously opened this morning and shaken all about the kitchen floor.

Tomorrow won't be better than today.  Tomorrow will be tomorrow.  A day just LIKE today.  A day that, if spent the same way I have been, will lose the rainbows of the day from eyes looking off into the distance for some elusive pot of gold.

6 comments:

Caroline Fenby said...

What an encouraging post,Rebecca! Made my day..Thank you

Cathy said...

I love your photo rainbow. Very inspiring. Thank you. Blessings to you in your vocation.

ulli said...

Beautiful... the photos and the comments... and your heart.

Renata said...

Your pictures are breathtaking Rebecca!! And the words....just beautiful!
Thanks for sharing
Blessings
Renata:)

Abigail said...

Amen to this. One of my favorite qualities of children is their ability to fully live in the present. There are those who look more to the future and past than others, but for the most part, they embrace what they've been given right now.

p.s. That cherry picture filled me with cherry-longing. Lovely!

beth said...

thank you for sharing this. LOVE it. so much. giving it its own bookmark for frequent revisiting.