What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, August 13, 2007

A wee little girl was she...



This here is a new foster baby Mom is taking care of. I have no idea how to spell her name, it is an odd one-so odd, sometimes I even forget how to SAY it. I met her this weekend, but really she is new to my parents also. She walks with her back arched and her feet plop to the ground seemingly before they are ready. Her little belly sticks out and her arms stretch as if they help her balance. (We are guessing she has some cerebral palsy, but nothing as yet, has been confirmed.) She is never without a smile...even when she is talking-or falling, as she is prone to do. Her eyes are ALWAYS twinkling and drawing people in. Her nose wrinkles with delight in the smallest of things. She has, as you can tell, enraptured me. In her two years, she has already been dealt a bum hand and had to deal with great injustices put upon her. She has seen and dealt with things NO child should ever have to. And yet-there she is. Still just exuding joy. Still offering trust and love. Still, in her own baby way, teaching me about hope. I feel SO bad for the girl. But when I look at her-she makes me happy.

She saw Corynn's hat and wanted to try it on. And she looked so darn cute in it too. I had to snap a picture of those amazing eyes. And that lovely smile. She is sweet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I met her at the baby shower, and let me tell you, in an instant she melted my heart with those deep dark eyes and beautiful smile...She would be one, I wouldn't be able to resist if she came up for adoption!!!

Abigail said...

What a grin! She's adorable.