What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm an archeologist


The project for today is/was to empty out the armoire that holds Addie Mae's wardrobe and find another place for it. Why? Because the armoire has always been for the "new baby" and Addie Mae is soon not going to hold that status.

We had no other dressers available so I had to take on the tackle of unloading (and redistributing) a smallish dresser that has been holding random craft supplies. Most of her clothing is dresses, which can be hung in the childrens' room closet and the four drawers can hold the "udder duff", as Andrew likes to say. But that meant emptying, redistributing a bunch of stuff in two different "wardrobes" so I had been procrastinating a wee bit.

It made for quite a messy project this morning. And lots of exploring for little people.


While emptying, I rediscovered the drawer full of those foreign, archaic things that I believe were once called film envelopes, back from the ancient days of film.


It was fun to sit Indian style and linger with the memories for a bit. Tangible bits sometimes really DO win over digital photos on a computer, and it gave me a renewed zeal to finally PRINT some of the photos I post here on my blog. I never do. Poor Andrew and Adele only ever get to see Corynn in pictures. *sniff*

While exploring the sites on this trip down memory lane, I stumbled across this picture:


My new favorite of Matt. Holy Smokes is he a hottie. I remember thinking that railroad hat was so silly before...now I don't think it would have been the same without it.

*swoon*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...cute memories...I have pics too of my hubby that I thought looked dorky at the time, but NOW I love! Funny how a few years perspective, love, and living through life together changes ones view of a person, huh? :)

Elizabeth said...

Hello Rebecca!

I have never commented before, but I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE reading your blog! I have been reading for over a year now, and feel as though I know you like a dear friend :) I know, shame on me for not commenting in the past!

All that to say, I will be keeping you in my prayers as your newest little one is due to arrive!

Much love,

~Elizabeth

Victoria said...

I love finding old pics! Once I do, though, the sorting out project is usually done for! :) My daughter just took a scrapbooking class and many of those old "film" photos got put to use. Good excuse to get some of my digital photos printed, as well!
Looking forward to hearing of the arrival of Smooch!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for making yourself known, Elizabeth! Every time someone does it is like getting a present!

Amy~ so true, so true.

Victoria~ ah, the days of scrapbooking. My first born has a complete book of the first year. My second born has a book started with about 6 pages done. My third born doesn't even have pictures developed.

I am a very bad Mama.

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

I miss film... A lot! Hope you found a new home for all the fun treasures..... Can not wait ot see the baby

Kim said...

Ahh I miss film photos. I also take many digital photos but never get them printed. I must change that! I used to love to scrapbook as well. But it's been years since I had time. lol