What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Week of Lists: Tuesday

During a performance, MagiCorynn pulled this out of her magician's hat for a lucky Mama in the audience.  It happened to be me.  Lucky!
To-Do for Today
(an overly-ambitious list, mind you.)

Big jobs today:
-Spare Oom
-School Room
-Garden chores
-Blueberry picking

* freezer seal flash-frozen huckleberries
* thin beets (two rows)

* wash beet greens
* weedwhack flower circle
* two buckets of weeds from garden (Corynn and Andrew plus my own)
* finish wedding/newspapering/hay mulching asparagus bed  (Andrew helped by hauling hay)
* plant peas, lettuce, spinach
* put away folded laundry from last night
* pick blueberries (at a bonafide patch!) at noon.  (Get enough blueberries to finish our winter supply AND have enough for two desserts for this weekend.) (16 pounds worth and SO much more fun-and productive- to pick than huckleberries.  Wow!)
* rinse and flash freeze blueberries
* take any yard sale books/duplicates to granary
* cut in hunks and marinate chicken breast
* make/glitter butterflies for flower vases
* see if I can find several vintage blue canning jars for vases (I MAY have some...I hope).  Wash.
* Cut burlap into table runners
* Tidy and sweep School Room - put junk out of place back into 'place'
* Clean, dust, orgnanize and sweep Spare Oom
* tidy desk, organize bill/writing desk
* empty cradle of mending (that just isn't getting done.)  Put that stuff away.
* Tidy armoire (Adele')
* Vacuum living room
* hang white wicker bird cage in tree by tables (I drug it out of storage though...)
* sew a cover for the old, nasty, stained cushion for wicker loveseat and then...
* put away sewing machine that has been sitting out for two weeks to mend things (but HASN'T!).  Won't be mending until AFTER the parties.  (and at this rate, IF then.)
* have someone rake Skeeter poo and put in compost (who shall it be, who shall it be?)
* dinner:  sausage and bean pot, beet greens, homemade yogurt with blueberries
* dishes
* gather garbage from house for garbage day tomorrow
* change water in vases around house (just emptied the vases- the f;lowers were done.)

* summer reading program: return library books and turn in summer reading program slips

I could have gotten a bit more accomplished than I did today, but you see, after dinner, Matt suggested we go for a walk to see the devastation progress of the log company in clearing the land so I chose to do that instead of working on the list.  (Wise woman.)

4 comments:

BajaManna said...

Seems to me this list would be impossible without some helpful children. Thanks be to God, you've got some!

beth said...

just chiming in to request, pretty please, a photo of white wicker bird cage in tree by tables! (actually, much hoping for many post-festivities photos of festivities . . . but understand if not much chance of that amidst all the hostessing)

b

Renata said...

I love your lists and think you are AMAZING in accomplishing so very much!
I hope you have a lovely time hosting your seperate functions!
Blessings
Renata:)

Rebecca said...

Anna- it's true! The other day my children said something to the effect of "Mama! What would happen if you had 100 children? You wouldn't have ANYTHING to do at all!" (This comes because of my mantra many hands make light work.... it was funny. Never mind the 100 mouths to feed and the 200 socks to wash. ;-)

Beth- my hope is that the parties will be prepared for well in advance which would allow me to actually TAKE some before pictures. But you know how that sort of thing goes... but it is my hope- and if I do, it will have your name on it!

Renata- I always feel slightly guilty using this blog as a check-list of sorts- but then I get nice comments like yours and I don't feel half bad anymore. Thanks for that!