What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

It has been a while since I did a {P.H.F.R} post and I say, it's high time I did it again!  Busyness, I suppose- but hey!  That's no excuse!  ;-)  Since I missed a few, I'll give a few pictures for each category, how's that?

{Pretty}





The day was came to a close in a grand way last night.



A happy hummingbird moth in the bee balm.  I really love bee balm because it is always positively SWARMING with life.  Not to mention, even the now dying flowers still look gorgeous from afar.  That is a lovely characteristic of flowers.  I wish the daisies would take note.

(By the way, if it encourages you any, I took this photo without a macro lens.)

{Happy}



This boy was ridiculously happy when a neighbor-friend stopped by to take him fishing.  This is his trying-to-contain-himself-and-act-like-it-is-no-big-deal look.  It was a VERY big deal.



Happy wrinkles, the one wrinkle I don't mind terribly having.  That long vertical furrow on my forehead? That is another matter entirely.

{Funny}

I was drying off from a shower when I looked down and noticed...



Not many people can say they grow mushrooms in their bathroom.  But WE can.  (Don't be jealous.)

A word of warning:



Be VERY WARY of asking to use a calculator at our house.

{Real}

Has the circus come to town?!?!



No.  THIS real is not an 'exciting' real.  It is a make-me-sick-deep-down-in-my-soul kinda real.

When we bought this house, we got it for a good price.  That good price came at a cost though. One of the contingencies was that the previous owners (Matt's family trust) were to keep the gas/oil rights which allowed them to make decisions and reap profits from the place in regards to gas pipelines going through.

If it were up to me I would have said NO!  If it were up to me, somethings money can't buy.  If it were up to me...but it isn't.



The day finally came (this week) that the gas people were going to break ground.  They will tear up fields (temporarily) and make a landing strip in our woods (permanantly) to put a pipeline in.  

Sadness.





(On a side note: it is hard to believe after last weeks' near 100 degree weather that it was cool enough to wear a COAT this morning!)

Things are changing here on the hill.  And in this particular case, not for the better.

Things won't ever be the same.

14 comments:

Julian said...

Oh boy can I relate to the pants tjing. Lol. Nerf guns go there, don't ya know? Lol. Good job on the fish! I bet he was proud as all get out! I know you were!;).
I hate some changes. Like a small town getting citified. Or what's going on there at your place. So sorry. Wrinkles, yeah I can relate. Ill be 40 this year.
Interesting mushrooms in the bathroom! Kinda cool.
I hope the furrow on your forehead goes away soon if its due to some unpleasantness. Enjoy your weekend!
Christina

Becky said...

I'm so sorry about the pipeline. Hopefully, it will work out in an unexpectedly good way.

How funny about the mushroom!

I love the fishing picture! It's so great to see both neighborliness and the intergenerational interaction in such a positive way.

And, yes, bee balm is a balm in so many happy ways!

Unknown said...

Love the reflection in your eye! :)

Miranda Hupp said...

That is a great catch! I bet he was one proud boy. The calculator picture was too funny.

Your pictures were beautiful. I love seeing glimpses into your life.

I was just looking through my comments the other day and (re)read the comment that you left about my surprise that I would love to reveal sooner rather than later. :) I just might have to email you and let you in on it. I sure could use all the prayers I could get about it!

Rosie said...

That is the coolest bug! I've never heard of those before! Great picture :)

Terri said...

On a positive note, I bet those backhoes, bulldozers and other machines will give your boys hours of entertainment!

Mary said...

Beautiful photos!
Sorry about the changes, I hate seeing that type of progress.
The fish picture - priceless!

Megan @ Purple Dancing Dahlias said...

We had mushrooms growing in our bathroom when I was little too!

Rebecca said...

Christina- that mushroom comment was very...GENEROUS of you! ;-)

Miranda- you must!

Abigail said...

Lucky duck. Wild mushrooms a few feet from your kitchen? What exotic dishes you'll prepare! ;)

I don't know how I missed commenting on so many posts, but that picture of Judah with stuffed pants is priceless, and you have a lovely eyeball, and I love your description of Andrew's expression, and boo! boo! to the pipeline. I pray that God softens the negative impact on your household happenings and brings good from it, as He promises to do for His people in all things.

Time to set up the lemonade stand!

Rebecca said...

Abby- I toyed with the idea of setting up a bake sale once a week- but after one week they are nearly done! ALL the trees have been cut. There is still digging to do- so I might still...but I was just shocked at how quickly this is all happening.

Leila said...

Learn to caulk :) Even *I* caulked my bathroom! (yes, there was a mushroom there ;) So for sure you can too.

I am going to predict that you will find something awesome about the pipeline strip, once it goes in, and if I get what it is.

I used to hate the sound of snowmobiles and thought they were the devil out there at night when I'd hear our neighbor's kids riding them late. But then I realized that you can hardly cross-country ski in deep snow unless they've been through!

I never thought I'd *like* snowmobiles. But there you go.

I hope it works out for you unexpectedly, as another commenter said.

Maybe the deer will congregate there and you'll fill your freezer?

God bless :)

Leila said...

Oh, and I really laughed at the calculator warning!

Leah said...

How I love the photos I have of my boys with caught fish in their hands over the years.

(Hello Kitty brush... ha ha)