What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ice Cream "Sundays"

A self-inflicted challenge to come up with a new frozen dessert once a week from now until the end of summer (although it could extend into fall thanks to caramel apple ice cream, and pumpkin pie ice cream and gingersnap swirl ice cream...) in an effort to...

1) rid ourselves of high fructose corn syrup poison (slightly dramatic there...for effect)
2) feed our insatiable appetite for frozen sweets
3) sap some creativity into my sometimes same-old, same-old kitchen
and 
4) to blow the dust off a long-since abandoned recipe blog
has resulted in...

ICE CREAM "SUNDAYS"  
 here on Renaissance.


Last week was our very first go-round and I decided, after having spent three mornings of that week picking huckleberries, that I would make Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.

Check out Kitchen Riches to see how we liked it... and to make some yourself.  




4 comments:

Veronica @ A Quiet Heart said...

Okay, you got my attention with pumpkin pie ice cream! Yum! If you do decide to carry this through the fall, please promise to post that one!! :)

Abigail said...

Oh, yum. I'm glad you're doing this because staring each week at pictures of ice cream will surely force my hand to make at least one batch before summer's end. (And then my family will thank you, too.)

Rebecca said...

Veronica- promise!

Abigail- one batch seems so much more practical than what I have endeavored so I am finding out. I have two buckets of ice cream in the freezer as we speak and a few days before a new batch! When I went blueberry picking yesterday I had no buckets to use because they were filled with frozen goodness!

Abigail said...

That's the best of all dilemmas and the easiest to solve.

Eat the stuff for breakfast, lunch, and supper! :)