What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, September 03, 2007



She like.



The Panda and I are VERY intent upong hearing what piece Corynn wanted.



And then, intent upon cutting it.

After dinner, it was present time.



For my Etsy shoppe, I have had several customers order prairie bonnets with matching doll bonnets for their girls. Corynn was often in my craft room with me, as I stitched them up, and pined over each one. Every time I finished a set, she asked, is THIS one for me and my dolly?!? And each time I would say no and explain, AGAIN, what they were for.

For her birthday, I made her one with a matching one for her dolly. You know those RIDICULOUSLY expensive American Girl Dolls? Well, this is the el cheapo $7.00-with-a-40%off-coupon version. But, don't you think she looks pleased?!? I will take a better picture of them sometime.

I figure~Corynn has been wishing, praying, and hoping with all her 3-year old might that she would get a calf and a sister for her birthday. Of course, neither of which were possible THIS year. However, I did still 'cover' them-with a calf cake and a 'pretend' sister to dress up like her! ;-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Corynn!

And Mommy, you are an absolutely amazing baker! Precious cake!

Mari-Nanci

Rebecca said...

Thanks Mari Nanci. Not amazing. Trust me. :-)